Any expert opinion or advice about Dream Box?Nalin ,Sada, plymouth anybody?

Bronze Member
Username: Kashif786

Post Number: 92
Hello All,
Any body has any idea when we could get the dreambox back, why its down, what are the options. Thanks in advance

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19292
The most optimistic post is at abadss
"All i can speculate from my experience in the FTA world is that DM100 team is going thru some changes where the person who was providing the service made his money and has sold the team to another vendor.This is very common in the business as it way too risky to provide the service by the same person.A smart businessmen would normally follow this protocol especially the risk associated is also very high as much as revenue flowing in.I am sure the DM service will be restored by the new owner but it would take longer for them to rebuild the infrastcuture to support under the new roof.In nutshell you will see same freezing as before for sometime until the new team gets their act together.I am speculating DM service should be back in less than 2 months.

Reports indicating about the server move could be very well guenine but the facts are missing and the above speculation may be missing gap"

There are two other postive facts.
1. It started as a Private server supported item and the private server thing is still going on - If you can find it.
2. It is a Linux box and linux is a community supported OS. Somebody might come up with a somewhat different solution.

Having said all that, the Dreambox Public server is currently inactive and has been for a while.

Bronze Member
Username: Kashif786

Post Number: 93
Thanks Nalin for your reply, though i have read this on Abadss. Lets just keep the hopes high as usuall. Thanks again!

Silver Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 465
Nalin are you positive the dreambox 100 is a linux box?

better go to satfix and check

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19295
Correction.
All dreamboxes use Enigma1 or Enigma2 OS, except Dreambox 100 which uses ST OS. The Enigma2 OS is Open source distributed under GNU license and freely available and alterable. The ST OS has its roots in BASIC language, but I could not find enough details to see whether it is easily available or Open source or even what exactly it is.
However, one thing seems to be certain - Dreambox 100 is "non-Linux" as opposed to all the other Dreamboxes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us