42" Dlp samsung -- won't turn on.

Username: Moondio

Post Number: 1
Alright, so roughly a week ago, my tv wouldn't turn on. No blinking lights, nothing. The red "standby" light wasn't even on. I turned off the power strip it's on twice and after that it was fine.
Last night, it randomly shut off. The "Temp" "Lamp" and "standby" lights all started to blink in unison. I tried to turn it back on with no luck.

This afternoon (it now hasn't been touched in 16 hours) I tried to turn it on. I can hear the normal sounds coming to life. The normal chiming sound doesn't kick in for a moment or two. The lights go down to just the "lamp" light, then the chiming kicks in. But itstill doesn't turn on. It attempts to turn itself on 3 times (you can tell by the chiming) with no avail. Then goes back to all three lights blinking in unison.

Any clue?
I am praying it's not the lamp since they would be hard to get and be an easy $300 (which I bought this from a friend for $375 just over a year ago)

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1298
Go online and find the manual. Read the section on the display lights.
Sorry, but it really does sound like the lamp went south. And, if it makes much difference, lamps are easy to change and don't cost the 300$ you are thinking. About half of that would or less would be closer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us