Dish sub and 33 inch dish settings - please help

Bronze Member
Username: Sandyr

Post Number: 33
Hi,

I have a dish 311 reciever. want to sub to internationals. I also have a 33 inch dish getting 118/119 through CB2008 lnb and a 20 inch dish getting 110. Both connected through a Chieta switch.

Now to my problem.-

When I connect the dish receiver, it goes to the point signal menu sees the 118 sat says it is locked in but when I go to the check switch menu which is the next step, it does not recognise anything and comes back to the same point signal thing again.
If I don't proceed from here I may not be able to sub.

Does the revcr not recognise the chieta switch? should I have to connect only the 118/119 lnb ?

soem help needed her as I have to call dish to sub today. and Oh I am in Canada, if it matters.

thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14357
Sandy

A 311 doesn't work with a Diseq switch, a Dp34 or Dp44 will worked!

You can also use a fta receiver to switch your Chieta!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
hi plymouth,
thanks for the reply. i also tried connecting just the 118/119 without the chieta. it still does not recognise.

How can I use the fta recvr to switch my chieta.
Please help here. If u can give me step by step connections it wouls be great.
thanks a lot again.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14358
Sandy

In back of your fta receiver you will see a loop output, put the cable from the Chieta into your fta receiver then hook the 311 in the loop output of your fta receiver!

The only problem with this using is that you must select the same channel on both receiver!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
hi plymouth,
i have the sv 1000 recvr and the dish 311 recvr.

Do I connect the wire from sat to IF in - in the sv 1000 and then connect IF out to the Sat in in the dish rcvr.?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14360
Yes!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
ok this is the first time the dish rvr has let me into the set up menu. It was looping from the point dish to the check switch all yesterday.
thanks plymouth.
now after it has recognised or locked the 118 sat do i do check switch as it says in the dish manual?

and will the dish recevr recognise the 18 inch 110 sat?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
when i lock in 118 sat and exit it starts to acquire the sat and asks not to unplug the recvr. this is supposed to download info from the sat to the recvr and it stops there and does not do anything.
help is appreciated here please.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14361
Sandy

The best move you can make is doing a scan with the 311 on a Total Dp system to have all channels available then hook it on your own system and enjoy it!

The receiver will have problem to scan your satellites without Dp dish!

Sorry! I must gone to work now1

Good luck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
thanks for the replies plymouth. anyone has any other tip?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19236
"The receiver will have problem to scan your satellites without Dp dish! "

To be precise, "The DN (sub) receiver will have problem to scan your satellites without Dp+ LNB! "

For people with the existing generic (CB2008A type) system and DisEqC, a sub on DN does cause a connection problem. The loop method suggested by Plymouth does not always work. The DP34 or DP44 method has a much better chance of success and use of DP+ LNB directly to the subbed 311 will always work. To get the 110 as well you will have to process the signals through DP33 or DP44.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
thanks nydas. so which one is better and which is good for my setup , a dp 33 or dp 44?

and if I get that switch , how to proceed from there. please help.

thanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19240
DP34 and DP44 will both work equally well with Dsh equipment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
nydas, would u know of any sat store in Toronto I can go to today?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16391
"I have a dish 311 reciever. want to sub to internationals"

if ya wanna SUBSCRIBE, DN is gonna come out to yer house and check out all yer hardware and replace whatever they want..and U have no say in the matter...

"have to call dish to sub today. and Oh I am in Canada, if it matters"

Good luck calling an American company (DN) and asking them to subscribe from a Canadian residence...

Gold Member
Username: Lomna

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1232
Nydas, Sandy. NO NO.. NO....
The lnb you have doesn't work with DP switch.
You do have one option SW21. SW 21 will get you 119 and 118 while using cb2008 and a separate legacy lnb for 119.
DP switch can only be used with DP plus lnbs.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16392
DP switches are only for DP LNB's... BTW, DP = Dish Pro

SW switches are for all others...basically known as legacy LNB's

DN uses both type LNB's in their installs..but DP are most common now..

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1233
Sandy,
If you need an extra connection for your FTA. Buy a zinwell 3x4 multi switch (4outputs).
I have same setup. works great.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
hey devin, thanks for the clarification. I would have spent 50 bucks for sw34 and then knowing it will not work.
so do i remove the chieta and put the sw21 instead and run straight to the dish receiver?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1234
Yes

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1235
You MUST run a switch check. Otherwise rec won't work.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
oh ok. tks devin. It is in the switch check that i am stuck. I wish i had asked u earlier. Anything else I have to do after the switch check?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1236
Did you use sw21 ??? R U still stuck ?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1237
After the switch check, just exit out. Recr should take you to the tp scan progress ( usually 1-5) screen. If everything is fine at that point, recr must show you a screen say " congratulation you are pointed at 118"
If you see that you are good to call dn !!!!!!!!11

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
today all the stores r closed here so i will have to get the switch tomw. and try.

tks a lot for the info devin.really appreciate it.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1238
Alright! Good luck !

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
devin,
got the switch and connected 118/119 lnb to lnb 1 in switch and 110 to lnb 2. 110 gives me 100 percent signal but 118 doesnot give me anything . says wrong sat.
any clues about this?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1243
sandy, Are you using lnb Cb2008 ??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
hey devin,
yes cb2008 it is. after the switch check now it shows 118 signal and 2 squares show 118 and 2 show 110.
now it has gone to acquiring sat signal and downloading info

am I in the right path now?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1244
Are you trying to have 118 and 110 right. Using two lnbs. One for 118 (cb2008) and another separate single legacy lnb.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1245
Yes yes

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1246
I think you r almost there

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
yes i have a 33 inch with cb2008 for 118 and 119 and also a 18 inch for 110 [sep. legacy lnb].
it is programming the receivers memory now.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1247
great. You are on the right direction.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
it scanned only 110 transponder. do i run a switch check for 118 sat so that it will scan tp's for that too?

it has come to a msg saying that my recvr has not been authorised yet.call some number for activation.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
it scanned tp's for only 110.
should i have to rn a switch check for 118 too so that it will scan the 118 sat?

it is stopped at a msg saying that the recvr is not authorised yet.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1250
sandy, You should not need to check switch for 118 separately. Strange.
When you see you both sats squares 118 and 110 . Then when you start check switchs . it shold do both at same time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
should i try doing a check switch one more time or will i screw up the recvr?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1251
yes go. No you haven't screw up nothing . dont' worry.
Sandy, do you really see TWO green squares (118, 110) does your recr TELLS you that recr has deducted sw21 switch ???????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
looking at the switch section again. it says 118 - odd and even 2 squares and 110 - od and even - 2 squares. The switch is recognised as sw 21. there is also this superdish and alternate selections. Mine is selected in superdish, is it right? should i select alternate?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1252
No you r fine. It should says superdish. YES.

When you exit did your recrs loads prog guide ?
If yes or no. But can you dn 's info chanl?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1253
At this point you be able see dn chals !!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
i clciked on prgm guide now and it is retreiving info from sat.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1255
you doing great. Call dn as I have already explained you ok

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
when i go to prgm guide it stays a long time in reteving the info from sat. when i cancel it freezes.
whic channel is dn info channel? is it 100?
running a switch test again.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1256
Sandy, It takes sometime 10 mins to load the guide. Let the recr do its job sandy, Why you cancel this. Anyway, it is ok. You will there eventually. Don't worry.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1257
Sandy I'm watching soccer game now. I 'm here don't worry. will help you. I will keep checking my compu

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1258
R U fine sandy ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
when i press prgm guide it shows the dish prgm guide with these channels 9903 -D118, 9900 - D500, 9850 KBS, 9649 BEST

and the recvr has been retreving info for quite sometime now . no progress here.
will i get the pgm info only after i enable the recevr?

thanks Devin, you have been a lot of help.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1259
Yes. No problem sandy. It my pleasure. call now . You have done it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
thnaks devin. subbed to dish . i had to take the locals pkg too for 9.99 to be able to sub to the international pkg i want.

came to 40 $ per month.the locals are on 110 and i get it with the 18 inch dish.
they have activated it and i am waiting for the channles to come in.

thanks a lot for your help in this. i would have been going crazy as to what was wrong if u had not told me about the switch.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1260
Sandy, It is really my pleasure to help you.
Really surprise to know that they require you to have local chanls in order to get international. They started copying cable companies. I remember when I used to sub, using my own recr, they never reqiure me to have local chanls. Yes they used to charge me recr 's access fee (4-50) and the package cost. I'm sure they still charging you that as well ? They getting kamine day by day.
Sandy, I was wondering why you chose dn over bev. They charging you less access fee of the box. I think it is 3 dollars. More over ATN shows you variety of show from star and starplus ect for a lower price. Here we have to sub starplus and star chanls to watch their shows.
I think we humanbeing love something we don't have or not available to us lol...
Sandy,I'm happy you have dn now.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19250
Devin. Sandy. I am very happy tha things worked out. It is quite obvious I had made some mistake in my posts. However, I had posted from actual expreince about 4-5 months ago.
Anyway, what is your actual cost per month now?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
devin,

yes, the CSR didn't know what was tamil pkg. he put us on hold several times and came back with a different quote. Finally he says the pkg is not available without subbing to the locals.
I am paying 29.99 for tamil mega pk and 9.99 for locals plus tax. Which is ok with me. I don't sub to Robbers or Bell . They r worse. I guess the grass is green on the other side. u r in the US and like to sub to Bell and vice versa for me.

nydas, np. u were trying to help thast all that matters. I chose the tamil mega pk from DN as some of the channels are not available here and if it is there it is mixed with the srilankan programming. I am not going to pay thro my nose to watch local programming added to my indian channels. Let crtc hang themselves. and now with the extra taxes and all. we will be fleeced esp. Rogers who keeps increasing their cable fees about every 3 or 4 mths.

anyway. I think I need a new smart card. They r shipping one to my sisters address. Till then the locals and the internationsal won't come. That is crap. The CSR said I should get my progming in an hour never mentioned anything about this. Going to call them once more.

anyway still waiting to watch my channels.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
and , forgot to mention. since I bought my own receiver, I don't pay rental fee.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1262
Sandy, I think you have to pay access fee no matter what. this is not called rental fee but access fee. This is just to keep your recr active with them.check with them , other wise I would like to activate mine for some one.
Usually it used to be 4.50 with dn

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
ok devin will let u know about it. they have given me a choice for online billing and ability to make changes online. If I call them to make changes, i will have to pay 5.85 $ fee it seems. the csr waived it for me now and said that next time i can use the web to make changes.
That makes things easier for me now. so that i don't have to call them all the time. and I can even change the credit card to mine now.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1269
Sandy, I think you may be right. They keep changing it.But I think this is better.
So if i understood u correctly, when you own the recr, you need not to pay the access fee,you don't need not pay any thing for change the package (if u do online) if you set up online billing right? BUT you have to have the local chanl in order ot get international right ? I think it is little bit better than before.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
yea, thats what it is . I will know for sure when I get my first bill. Will confirm it then.
The locals for my area is 5.99 but he is charging me 9.99 . don't know why.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us