RTAP;- Why did FTABIN site close?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19172
The site closed abruptly today. You were heavily involved withe site and are suggesting it was a natural death. That is the stupidest explanation I have had.

LET THE MEMBERS HERE HAVE A RATIONAL EXPLANATION.

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 917
He was quoting the message post for ftabins . simple c/p

Bronze Member
Username: Batan_1

Post Number: 13
maybe a lawsuit

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14315
It appear to be a lawsuit!

As usual the bigger is the target!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19180
RTAP: Do you have an answer?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16375
It appears ftabins had a rat named "nydas" aka "nalin" aka "NN"..aka "rosebud", drop a dime on them..she is a known mole and rat from the Ecoustics site killing all other FTA users and sites..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19184
I never joined ftabins, but LK was a member here and a member at FTABINs. Deductive logic says that the more likely person to have been a rat is/was LK.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14321
Every boby know that LK is involved in many closed sites!

He come here again and post his sh1t as usual!

Silver Member
Username: Ez2ctv

HOPE ESTATE, GRAND BAHAMA... Commonwealth...

Post Number: 178
$$$$ and the loss of $$$$$
the number of sponsors (advertising ) shrunk to virtually nothing. Donations also stopped as the economy has hurt them.
It cost more than a few $$ to keep a large site up and running.

The Squeeze is on Charlie is cutting off the $$$ from all of the court battles they are involved with. Charlie is going to make it to expensive for Distributors, Websites to stay in business......Who has the deeper pockets ?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19189
Ez2CTV said:"It cost more than a few $$ to keep a large site up and running. "
Answer: When there is very little activity, a site can stay open for as little as $10 per month.

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2589
must be a very very very very small site nalin hahahaha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19194
I made and ran a 4000 page site on $84/year. The number of people coming to the site was much smaller than I had hoped - about 80-100/month.
For those who are interested, here are the basic facts about running a site.
1. No cost:
A. Very low volume site can be run from home form your home broadband account - many ISPs allow a small 100MB site with a url like www.ISP-Name/Your name
B. There are at least 400 sites I know which will allow a similar setup or a set up like
www.yourname.ISPname.com
FOR FREE.
You can get 100MB to 5GB sites like that with small to unlimited traffic, if you allow THEIR advertising.

2. Small cost
A. $3 to 7 per month will buy you something like above without their advertising/
B. $7 to $15 will buy you an account with Load balancing./
C. $25-$50 per month will buy you a virtual server
D. $100. month will buy you your own server
E. $150-250/month will buy you a very high traffic server and band width

Forums: There are at least 20 free forums sites begging for free users. They have rules and often they will turn a blind eye if you infringe a little.
You can buy a forum software for as little as $50 to run on your site.

Q.E.D.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19195
Top ten Canada web-hosts - $3-8/month

American hosts $3-9/month

Virtual Private servers - $12 to 90/month

Tophosts in UK

Find more yourself, but stop this false statement of high costs.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16380
Obviously NN has never been associated with the operation of a large site that DOES have some high maintenance costs and overhead...she speaks out her azz again..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19197
No LK, I have never been associated with a site which charges 10 and 20 times the going rate.
I can buy a pair of slacks and you can buy a pair of jeans for $15 or you can go to a fancy store and pay $80. It is your choice how you do business.
Godaddy where most of cronies want to go for registration charges as low as $3.50/month and their Unlimited plan
"Unlimited Space and Transfer!
1000 Email Accounts
Unlimited MySQL Databases"
is around $15 per month.

hostway charges $79 to $250/month for the largest service which you and your idiot friends could ever need.

The needs of your people are somewhere in-between. I would think that $50/month would be about right for 80% of the FTA web sites tha tare out there and the remain will fall in the $150/month range.

LK: As is obvious form above, you never do your homework before you post comments. You are talking to somebody who has had two websites and has advised about 70 companies for their needs.

SO IGNORANT LK, SHUT UP!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us