32inch dish with dual lnb for 118/119

Bronze Member
Username: Sandyr

Post Number: 24
Hi,
I have a circular 32 inch dish with the dual lnb for 118 and 119 set up and was recieving the channels with FTA reciever a year ago.

I want to buy a dish reciever from Radioshack and oder only one international package from dish. Will the current dish reciever work with the dish and lnb I have?

thanks for the advice in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Lomna

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1192
yes yes yes sandy.
Doesn't matter what kind of dn recr you gonna buy. You will get international with it.
Make sure If you have lnb cb2008, it will get you only international but no chnl from 119. You need an extra 18" dish and a lnb for that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
thanks for the reply devin. I have the lnb which was reciveing 118 and 119 together and was watching both the internationals and the 119 channels.
so it should be good to go right?

I was worried with the dish pro jargon.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19110
The LNB will get the signals to any receiver, either a FTA or a Dish receiver.
The old FTA receiver will not get you the Internationals even though you have paid for them. You will need to use the subscription receiver to get the subscription channels.
Your LNB will receive the 118 and 119, what ever you have subscribed to and you will use your subscription receiver to watch TV.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19111
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1874922#POST1874922

Information on scanning 118 and 119 using the same generic LNB

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1194
Sandy, Again my understanding is you had a lnb (most prolly cb2008, let us know? ) with that you used to get 118 and 119 together with fta recr RIGHT?
If that what is true.
Now when you gonna attach brand new DN recr to the old already pointed dish (towards 118 and 119)
Again if thats true your new recrs will be good to recr international chanls. But not 119. Your new recr can't look into 119. You dont' need that anyway. RIGHT ? If that what you are upto. You are good .
Enjoy!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
thanks for the reply devin. you got it right, I am using something like the CB2008 [don't remember what I installed 2 yrs back] and set it to 10750 to get 118 and 119.
Yes, I want to Sub now and not use the FTA as I don't want to go the IKS way.
I live in Canada and cross the border to get the recever from radioshack, activate the packg I want and come home and plug it in. Thats my idea. I don't need the American channels for now . I also have a separate 20 inch dish pointed to 110, so I may think about the American channels later., if everything goes well.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1200
sandy, I hope you understand that dn recr (the one you r planning to buy from R.Shack) won't give you chnals without calling dn and activate the box.
Secondly, don't forget, dn won't activate the box cuz dn don't service in canada. Need to find a physical adr( friend's for example) in the U.S. He or she needs to call dn to activate the box for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
yes devin, I know that I need to have a phy. add. in the US to sub to DN. My sis lives in the US and I will be using her address. The only thing is that she is not subbing to DN.
I have a US cell phone and will be using her adress to activate the receiver. That would be possible right?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1201
Sandy, NO. U.S cell phone adr won't help you. They require social security number D.O.B ect.
You sis needs to involve in this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
I did see the Social security thingy in the online form in radioshack. I thought they won't ask for it when u call them.

My sis in MI but she does not sub to DN. Does my sister not subbing cause any problem? Will giving her SS number give her any problems, as she is in her last stage of her green card processing ?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1202
Sandy, First of all processing of green card has nothing to do with dn subbing. No harm to her. Not at all.
Even you can call dn to set up an account. Make sure you have her legal name (must match with social security card) DOB, SS number, her home tel number, complete adr. Tell them you have bought the recr and will install myself. Very important, before you start calling DN, make sure you hook up your recr to the sat cuz they need recr's info. You won't be able see unless you have turned on the rec. These numbers prolly should starts with R00... They need these numbers to set up an account. DN prefer to have two months bill in advance. Do not give a canadian credit card. Try to borrow hers.I hope that will do it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
that was a good amt of useful info devin,. thanks a lot. will be getting the reciever 2 wks from now.

Ok here is what I am planning to do. I will give my sis my US credit card number and expiry and tell her the pkg I want. She will call DN from her land line and I will call her in her cell at the same time so that I am there on the line if they need any other info.

I will be connecting my revr to my dish here in Canada when they are activating it, since she does not have a dish. - will this work out?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1203
sandy, The best way is you call dn yourself, so long you have all and accurate info of hers. You don't need to bring her on the line.It will create unnecessary confusion.
They won't know if you r calling from canada. Also they don't know our names (if male or female)
Set it up the box and call. You and dn would like see the progress of the activation.
Hope you will be able fix this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
thanks for all the useful tips devin,. I will let you know in this thread by updating my status on my project. :-)

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1206
Alright Sandy. Let me know if you have any other questions or doubts.Good luck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Hi devin,

just got the purple card and got the channles activated through chatting online. I got my internationals who hooo... :-) after nearly 1 1/2 yrs after the FTA world was doomed.
118 seems to come fine but 110 seems to have signal loss . don't know why.

The only thing unfair about dish is that their billing already started from jul 2nd when I had called in to activate the recvr. they din't tell me about the card business and sent me an email saying i need an upgrade. till then i had no channlesa atall absolutley. Today when i chatted with an online rep, he says that my billing has already begun and that he would send me a movie coupon to compensate for that.

this i thought was way too unfair. I hope the FTA business starts soon.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1285
Sorry, i check ur message so late. I'm vacationing in B.C.
Sandy, I will call it not only unfair but robbery. Some one should ask them.what if custmor not interested in movie. why not they prorate the bill instead ????? They never been so low and mean. I'm happy more people steal their signal lol...
Sandy, what about ungrade thing. I didn't get that.
110 need some tweaking. Thats not a big problem.
Sandy, tell dn I'm not interested in movie please prorate my bill. Try talking to superviser, don't afraid to tell them "you guys are robbers" They shoud thank people ,they still watching tv during bad economy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
hi devin,
yea they are robbers. But the rogers is no less robbers than them. I tried chatting again with anonline rep and that person does not seem budge from the samr point. I am waiting for the fta world to begin releasing again, I will get my moneys worth.

When I activated the recvrthey sent me a mail saying they r sending an upgrade hardwaer by mail. that was the purple card. Since the recvr aleready had a smart card inside which was not usable for dish channles, they sent me this card.

FTA recevers have a much better internal menu capabilities then this stupid dish receivers. since my sister is thinking of getting a dish system too, she will be subbing also to maybe the 120 or the 250 american channel package. we will share the sub then.

can u tell what i would need to simplify my system and get the 110, 119 and 118 channels?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1286
sandy, Only sharing the sub will save us money, otherwise it is not so cheap. interestingly dn knows about it. Thats the reason they are so stubborn not giving you any credit so easily.
Sandy, sending you a private message. read that. I will try to help you over there.
check you PM.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
hey devin,
didnot get any PM.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1287
I have sent half hr ago. I will send yu one more now. see if you get it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
email me at madhat111 @gmail .com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us