Viewsat WF.. IKS.. hmmm

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1750
Ok.. I need help, i have a viewsat ultra.. I hear all about people gettin tv again.. I know N3 wont be cracked anytime soon.. I'm a newb to this hole iks.. So how in fact can i get back up and running.. What is WF and all this Dongle talk...

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Lroy

Post Number: 525
http://www.ftabins.net/showthread.php?p=908336#post908336

Go to the above link re: Viewsat WF info....

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19102
A dongle is a little gizmo you buy for about $60-100. It plugs into the serial port at the back of your receiver. Into it plugs an ethernet cable from your broadband router.
Usually a receiver has a device peculiar to it, i.e. you can't use the device on more than one type of receiver. The device that you buy for Viewsat Ultra or ultralite is called WF (Weather Forecaster).
You need to have a Broadband service ON all the time, and connected. There are servers in the Internet that give IKS (Internet Key Service).
The service is somewhat precarious. You think this one is the best and next day it goes off, etc etc.
The popular ones these days are CNX Nano 2 , I-link and Viewsat Ultra connected dongles. Usually you need a free update of a software you download for the particular receiver you are using.

Bronze Member
Username: Kowarrior

Post Number: 37
I wonder when the indian channels will come back up, if ever.

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1751
Thanks... Well i want to get my Satellite back, so i guess i have to do this, until a miracle happens and N3 is cracked lol

Bronze Member
Username: Tansarbh

Post Number: 42
So, if I have a SV 360P, is any dongle available for this or I have to buy a different receiver with which a dongle or WF can be attached? I am really confused about all this.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19126
There is a dongle for Sonicview 360P and 360 E. Costs about $60-80. It is definitely required for using the 360P and IKS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
ahaan! and how is 360P doing channels wise? is 118.7 available? I don't want to waiste my 100.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19128
Sonicview, since they started with IKS , have had the most ups and downs and most freezing in the business. I di not have their latest International list, but they seem to have had these on their list - when they work, they work

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
So, should I buy the i-hub or other reicever? What you would have done if you were me>?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us