Platinum MemberUsername: Plymouth
Post Number: 14175
GlobeCast '" Yes, MAM, It's The Next Level With 3D Events At CommunicAsia (SatBroadcasting™)
[SatNews] GlobeCast will be present at CommunicAsia 2010, providing live demonstrations of Media Asset Management, information on live 3D events, as well as the latest on new satellite capacity for broadcast delivery in the region. GlobeCast, a content management and delivery company, and its sister company NETIA will be at stand 6G2-01, Hall 6 from June 15-22 to meet with both broadcasters and telecom companies.
* LIVE events in 3D and 2D' Over the past year, GlobeCast has delivered the world's first live 3D fashion show from Burberry's catwalk at London Fashion Week to customer events in Paris, New York, Dubai and Tokyo as well as an opera production of Don Giovanni to cinemas in Europe - via GlobeCast's global satellite and fiber network. In addition to these innovative projects, GlobeCast is also gearing up for a slate of major live news and sporting events in 2010 such as the World Cup in South Africa, Asian Games, G20 Summit in Korea, and Commonwealth Games in India.
* New satellite capacity in Asia and worldwide In recent months, GlobeCast has also increased significant capacity on major satellites to meet coverage needs for new and established channels looking to expand their coverage, as well as for occasional use for key events. In Asia, GlobeCast has most notably acquired significant space on Asiasat 5, offering prime coverage of two-thirds of the world's population spanning across 53 countries in the Asia-Pacific. GlobeCast offers coverage on some 28 satellites worldwide, reaching all key television markets.
* Media Asset Management: live demonstrations to help simplify your workflow Broadcasters, content providers and telcos will be treated to a live demo at the booth by GlobeCast and NETIA which will illustrate the operations of a tapeless environment from ingest to quality control, editing, archiving and multi-platform delivery, thus allowing potential users to monetize content and simplify their workflows. In addition to content transport, GlobeCast provides broadcasters with a full-range of digital media asset management solutions, including playout, making GlobeCast a one-stop-shop for broadcasters and other content owners.
* NETIA, a content management software company and member of the GlobeCast Group, is at the heart of GlobeCast's MAM solutions. Its versatile Manreo™ media asset management (MAM) system addresses the needs of broadcasters and telcos alike. Most recently, Manreo™ served as the basis for leading telecom company Orange's content management system (CMS), designed to support Telco operators' end-to-end media management and distribution needs. The CMS enables Orange to store, manage, and distribute content to any service provider or multimedia platform.
* Global content, WebTV and much more' In addition to the above highlights, GlobeCast will be available to discuss its recent successes aggregating and distributing major networks such as top Bollywood channel B4U, NHK World and Fashion|One TV to Pay-TV operators worldwide. As content owners seek to expand their reach to global audiences, GlobeCast also assists broadcasters to increase their audience via the web.