Changed convergence chips now it won't turn on HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Toxicrebel87

Post Number: 1
i tried to change the ic chips so the red vertical congergence would work again and when i changed them the tv wouldn't work anymore i have a red light on the motherboard thats on i'm not sure if it was on b4 and the red stand by light stays on and i don't get any blinking out of it when i push the power button it does nothing at all when i press the power button now the red light just stays on.i tried to change the ic chips back to their original hoping it would turn back on and still nothing i checked all the connections like 20 times now i've re seated all the harnesses and the three boards like 20 times i looked for anything visually burnt(resistors,capacitors,etc) and nothing seems to be burnt by visually looking i also tried unsaudering the ic chips and cleaning the board up and then put the board back in the tv without the ic chips on it and still wouldn't do anything. I'm lost so any help would be nice even the next diagnostic step would be nice.Thanks in advance p.s. everything worked before i changed the ic chips the only problem was the verticle red convergence would not move at all and the chips are genuine sanyo chips stk392-110

Username: Toxicrebel87

Post Number: 2
i also can't seem to find my pico fuses i wanted to change them cause i'm almost positive it's that i even pulled the whole convergence board out and tried the tv still no change it just stays in standby i also have a main power button on the front as well as the power i took the 1 main board off and the convergence board and checked all the sauder joints and still nothing i have a service manual if that helps? JUST A UPDATE
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us