Samsung HL-R4667WAX/XAA - Intermittent Freeze, Refresh

Bronze Member
Username: Denovo

Post Number: 13
I've had this DLP since 2006. No issues besides replacing the bulb 1x. Last week, the screen would freeze for a brief moment, then refresh. It does not power off, just freezes and refreshes. I have taken the back off of the DLP and dusted the interior thoroughly. I have also tried switching the inputs and stopped using the HDMI port completely. However, the set still freezes intermittently while connected via component cables on both jacks (1 & 2). Any ideas would be much appreciated - I have yet to stumble upon a solution. I have a hunch it's the Analog and Digital boards (hoping it's not the DMD). Please help!

Bronze Member
Username: Crowell

Post Number: 13
So, let me get this straight, your tv freezes on both hdmi (digital video board) and on component cables (analog video board). If that is the case, then I sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but its very likely you have a defective DMD board.
You might want to look for one online, just make sure to search by part number & tv model number. If you have no luck finding the one for your tv, you may need to buy the entire light engine that come included with a DMD board.
Here is a link so you know what the DMD looks like & where it's located.
http://www.fixyourdlp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1315
Good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Denovo

Post Number: 15
Thanks for taking the time to lend some advice. Yeah, you got it right. Both Digital and Analog intermittent freezing. The TV has been really good since the post. Only 1 or 2 minor freezes per day. If the DMD board is truly the case, I may just be getting rid of it. No point of spending that amount of money to get it fixed. What do you think? I looked on ebay and couldn't find the correct DMD. Any help would be appreciated, but it looks like used DMDs for other Samsung DLP models vary.

Bronze Member
Username: Crowell

Post Number: 14
Have you checked on amazon.com or on smasungparts.com, you can also try http://www.discount-merchant.com/ I found several DMD boards & entire light engines with DMD board included, so you've practically got a new TV. Repairing a DLP is not that expensive, calling a tech is the expensive part.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us