ReplayTV "no signal" dropouts on weak coax input?

Anonymous
I have an older Panasonic showstopper (PV-HS2000) that has been rock solid recording Dish Network content via component inputs.

Since getting a Dish DVR501, I use the Showstopper (ReplayTV) only for recording broadcast or analog cable content via coaxial input. When watching TV through the Panasonic, there are occasional 1-2 second dropouts where the screen goes blue and a "no signal" message is displayed. The dropouts occur 2-10 times per hour at random points, and occur on most if not all channels. I don't see any signal problems when the ReplayTV is not in the loop.

I've tried to maximize signal strength by elimininating splitters and using signal boosters (line amplifiers), which may have helped some but did not eliminate the problem.

I've heard the older ReplyTV systems are sensitive to weak signals. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Has anyone found a solution (repair or signal boosters)?

Anonymous
We have the exact same problem son't know what to do. but maybe the solution is to convert the coaxial with a coax to component video first then into the replay's component inputs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us