Dishes, dishes everywhere... what's a landlord to do?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 13885
GRAND JUNCTION, COLO. (KKCO) They're on the front, they're on the side and they're on the back, "We have a huge collection of satellite dishes here," Shelley Baker says.

Baker owns a fourplex in Clifton that she rents out. Right the fourplex has a total of five dishes mounted for four tenants. But it used to have a lot more- nine to be exact, "It just doesn't make sense to me, I guess it's my problem," says Baker.

The landlord says she lets her four tenants pick any cable or satellite company they want. But she didn't realize each time she lost or gained a tenant she'd also gain a new dish, "Whoever will come out and stick another satellite up on my building and not use the old one that was installed the first time," and that's something baker says seems like a waste, "Two are disconnected completely, wires are hanging over telephone lines and disconnected."

At Big Dog Satellite in Grand Junction, General Manager Jacob Smith says nine dishes on one building is a bit much. And while they didn't do the install at Baker's place, they say things could have been done different. "Well what should have happened is a technician that goes out to install a new satellite dish will generally want to use a base that's already there," says Smith.

But in Baker's case that didn't happen. "Maybe there was some hesitancy not knowing which dish went with which apartment," says Smith.

"It's very frustrating, there's wires run all over the building, there's just stapled to the walls, nail holes, lots of damage and it just looks terrible," says Baker.

11News' calls to Dish Network and Direct TV have not yet been returned.

Source: http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/93164794.html

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18915
In most municipal jurisdictions there already exists a law which would penalize a landlord or an owner for "unsightly building". The owner could use this law to disallow or evict tenants.

Silver Member
Username: Guru4u

El Centro, Cali Baby

Post Number: 164
"a law already exists" would be proper

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18917
In most municipal jurisdictions there already exists a law which would penalize a landlord or an owner for "unsightly building". The owner could use this law to disallow or evict tenants.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us