Dishnet receiver help please ?

Username: Wc2010

Post Number: 2
i have an Echostar 3900 receiver it came with Dishpro adapter. I have 3 satellites 110, 119, 61.5. my receiver only recognizes one satellite either 119 or 61.5 and it will display message no switch box has been detected i did check switch multiple times. Now on my FTA receiver it switches between all of them nomrally and i get perfect signal. I tried using the dishpro adapter but same problem. Please note that my LNBS switches are not original dishnetwork product.

Can someone advice ? if i get a newer model receiver that doesnt require dishpro adapter would that resolve issue ? Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Lomna

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1022
If you are 100% sure dish pointed correctly. The only thing is your connections or switch. What kind of switch are you using. Is it dp or sw?
Test coxial wire they seems brand new but can be faulty. Check connection first.
WC... Do a test on switch. Menu 6-1-1 and check switch. let us know what happens

Post Number: 3
yeh my dish is pointed correctly casue on my FTA receiver i got perfect signal and it has no problem switching between satellites. Also on my echostar sometimes it picks up 61.5 and i see the channels and sometime it picks up 119 and i see the channels. im not sure whats the difference between DP and SW switch. im using a viewsat switch my 3 satellites are connected to it and then wire coming to the TV. when i do check switch i got switchbox has not been detected ??? thanks in advance

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1023
wc, you switch is a BIG problem. Dish recr doesn't like fta switchs
Now tell me what kind of lnb are they?
Are they legacy (old kind) or dish pro ?
If they are legacy you need sw21 switch for two sats. Cost used one on ebay about 10 dollars may be. If not you need dp switch. How many sats you need ?

Post Number: 4
i need only 2 sats on the ECHostar 119 and 61.5. The receiver came with Dish Pro adapter im not sure what is that used for ? but from what i read the DP adapter only works with dishnetwork switch and LNB. correct me if im wrong. the LNB im not sure which one it is im gonna have to go on the roof to find that out. is using a newer Dishnet receiver would that help ? thanks

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1025
dis pro adapter? i'm not familiar with that term. Is that a switch or ?
If it is a switch swap that with fta switch.

Post Number: 5
Upload

I have uploaded the picture of the DP adapter for you. you connect this to the wall. It says on it "Dishpro adapter enables non dishpro receivers to function with dishpro switches and LNBFs.

Now tell me which switch should i get its for 3 satellites i want them all hooked just in case. Final question does the switch need to say Dish Network on them or not necessary. Thanks alot

Post Number: 6
can you tell me which switch to get please for 3 satellites ?

Post Number: 7
Anyone can help me please ?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18895
"3 satellites 110, 119, 61.5" coming though on a FTA reciever could be via DisEqC switch, although currently on IKS there is no 61.5.
If the same setup used with a DN receiver does not show the three sats you need DN LNBs. If you are a DN subscriber, you must view these chanells using DN LNBs, and you will have to porcess the signals via DP34 or DP44 switch. In particular, if you have IKS, you can't use Dish receiver with it.
The information you have given is not clear, and you should check the LNBs and the switch and post the info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us