118 disappeared from Point/Dish Signal - Dish Network

Username: Gigi022009

Post Number: 1
My dish is installed on my apartment balcony, and it was directed to 118.7

We had balcony concrete repair renovation for the whole building, and I lost my satellite signal. I came one day and found rocks around the dish and found out that I lost the 118 signal. I know the direction of the satellite really well, so I tried to move it a little bit to try to get the signal, but all my efforts were not successful. Then, I ran a check switch yesterday to see if I can get any info, what happened is that the 118 satellite disappeared from my Point/Dish Signal. I can see 61.5, 105,110, 119, 121, 148 listed. In addition, I got "No Switch Box Detected" and X,X,X,X. Now, when I turn on my receiver which is DP311, I got 015 error, and for Satellite, it shows Default.

I'm sorry for taking so long to describe my problem, but I really need your help. Do you think my lnb is bad in this case, or what do you suggest? By the way, I tried another Rg6 that I have but no change.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 13845
Gigi

Try your LNB directly hooked on your receiver to aimed your dish!

You had not listed your receiver, it will help us to help you!

Usualy you can use 119 to get 188.7, if it is a FTA receiver the setting can be LNBType: DP or OCS-DP, LNB Freq: is 10750 or 10600!

Bronze Member
Username: Torpainter

Post Number: 99
Actually he did list his receiver .Its a sub

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13846
OOOPS!

Tor you are right! The receiver is on thread title!

In this case this apply: "Try your LNB directly hooked on your receiver to aimed your dish!"

Post Number: 2
It's already connected with one RG6 from the receiver to the LNB, so can you please give me more details on what I should be doing. Do you mean I should disassemble my lnb from my dish and try.

I really appreciate your effort in trying to help me.

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
you have all your lnbs going through a switch correct?
What he wants is for you to run from the lnb directly to receiver and test it like that

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18878
Gig: You said you are getting 119. Therefore you should get 118.7. No difference in direction and pointing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
He could have one of those rod brackets with the seperate lnbs for 118 and 119 ,He really should post more info so were not all guessing...lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18880
seperate lnbs for 118 and 119??????
In the official Dish stable there is a combo 118/119 LNB and a separate 110 built on one arm.
See this 500 plus picture and info,
application/mswordUpload
500+.doc (86.5 k)

Or there is another with 118/119 LNB and a 110 LNB and a 129 on an arm. Nobody buys or installs separate 118 and 119 on an arm.
application/mswordUpload
DP 1000+.doc (66.0 k)

In the generic area there are two-tree varienties of combination 118/119. Nobody buys or installs separate 118 and 119 on an arm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
I am well aware of those lnb types you [posted but I have seen people do seperate lnbs .Why all the fuss? Nobody recommends a poormans bracket but people do it People will do many wierd combos
This is the bracket I was refering to
http://www.digiwavetechnologies.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=vie w_page&PAGE_id=77&MMN_position=79:11

Post Number: 3
I don't have any signal for 119, too. It's only that it's listed as all the other satellites that I mentioned on the Point/dish signal menu on my receiver except for 118 which used to be on the list, and I used to be able to select before trying to search for a signal. After I did the check switch yesterday, for some reason only the 118 satellite disappeared from the point/dish options of satellites. I only have one dual circular lnb that I bought specifically for 118.7 satellite, and I only watch 118.7 satellite. Therefore, I thought maybe the lnb is not working anymore, so the 118 is not showing on the menu anymore. I'm just trying to guess.

My receiver is actually connected directly to this lnb only. I don't have any special bracket attached.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13847
Gigi

I imagine that you have a Dn dish!

On a Dn receiver menu you will not see 118.7 but 119W only!
If you do not get any signal try to re-aimed the dish!

Use this for it: http://www.dishpointer.com/

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18881
Tor: You siad: "I have seen people do seperate lnbs .Why all the fuss?" The fuss is because people DO NOT DO SEPARATE LNBs for 119 and 118.7.
You start talking absolute non-sense and then try to continue with it. That is NOT acceptable in a helper which you are portraying yourself as.

I will say it again so it sinks in:

"DO NOT USE SEPARATE LNBs for 119 and 118.7."

You cannot even mount them comfortably side by side becasue only one will be in proper focus.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
Yes .I realiaze after I made a mistake ,so rather than pm you go on in open forums like a peasant
It wont be the last mistake I make and I am sure you make none?
I did not realiaze when someone makes a mistake you rip him another @sshole

Silver Member
Username: Harding

Post Number: 212
Tor: You made a mistake and yes sir, everybody makes a mistake. The point Nydas is making that it is was a very bad mistake, showing that you had no clue about the whole thing and then you tried to cover up your mistake.
Now you are still trying to say that it was just a mistake. No sir, you were misleading the man in a big way and make him buy LNB and try to put it on a bracket.
That make U a big @sshole

Silver Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 221
Harding STFU ,,,Go BACK TO YOUR GLORYHOLE..NALINS WAITNG

Post Number: 4
Hello guys,

I just want to give you an update, I did re-align my dish yesterday but no luck. I got all the details from Google dish pointer and I re-set up the dish as it should be, but it didn't pick up anything. I believe my lnb is bad. It's a small electric part, and maybe a rock hit it when they broke the concrete.

By the way, you keep assuming stuff that I didn't mention, but I'm a female...not a man like somebody assumed.

Thank you

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13852
Hi Gigi!

A defect LNB is very rare, check if the little wire in center of your connectors are not twisted on each of your cables!

Post Number: 5
Hi Plymouth,

I actually used a brand new RG6 cable connected directly from my receiver to my LNB but still I couldn't get the signal back. So, why did I loose 118 dish from the menu, it used to be there. Maybe because the receiver isn't reading a circular lnb which is required for 118. I don't know, and my problem is no dish installer professional would accept to work on it because my apartment is on the 24th flr with no railing.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13854
Gigi

They don't want and you do it yourself!

Aligned a dish is very difficult for people with no experience and much more difficult if you can work around!

Try to get 119 and you will get 118.7!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18886
Gigi:
You are not aligned. Get pointing ot 119 properly and 118.7 will appear automatically

Post Number: 6
Here's a quick update, we did an alignment yesterday, and we put the old LNB and got 119, but it's not a circular lnb, so it doesn't get 118. Then, after getting the signal, we put back the circular lnb, but it didn't pick up anything. By the way, as soon as we installed the other lnb for 119, the 118 satellite reappeared on the point/dish signal menu.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Harding

Post Number: 220
If you got 119 it is a circular LNB.
The only diff. bet. 119 and 118 LNB is the LNB freq.. For 118, I think it is 10750 or 10600. Check with Plymouth, Devin or Sada or Nydas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us