how to record from fios dvr to dvd or vhs recorder

Username: Peechez55

Post Number: 1
i have shows recorded onto my dvr that i would like to record to dvd or vhs recorder is this possible and how can i do this i just purchase a toshiba external
dvd+rw-cd=rwd i bought this to use on my my computer
because my other cd rom isn't working but i had this
thought that maybe i could record some of the shows i have recorded some of which my daughter is on i want to save those to dvd or vhs how can i do so if possible

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 13844
peechez

Buy a PVR card and record on your computer then burn it!

Post Number: 2
Ok that sounds easy however what would i be hooking my computer up to and what is pvr card or can i hook the toshib external up to the dvr or vhs recorder my computer is not a laptop so like my dvr is a different part of the room they are not connected i am sorry if i sound dumbfounded i have a little comptuter knowledge but how would i do this (please help!) remember i am talking about fios which is a cable dvr not one that i purchase from a store i have a fios box my first thought was how can i record from the dvr to my vhs and then when i bought the toshiba external i thought maybe somehow this could be hooked upt to my dvr but you are telling me about a pvr card so what is that and how do i use it ????

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18877
If your external toshiba has a DV input,
get the instructions here.
some models have upconversion to 1080p facility and would be useful if you have a HD TV.
Otherwise use the S-video input of your new Toshiba DVD recorder - This would not give the same high qualtity and will not give HD.

Play your DVR recording to the selected input of your Toshiba external DVD recorder, by connecting to it. To watch what is happening, you will need to connect the output of your Toshiba DVD recorder to your TV. S-video connection or even RCA is fine for monitoring. Make sure you select the approprite "video in" on your TV. (HDMI connection monitoring will be needed if you you are upconverting to 1080p)
You may also be able to watch what is going on by connecting your TV to the output of DVR (i.e leaving the current s-vido connection or HDMI to TV as is). That way you are not completely sure if a recording is occuring!
The main thing to remember is that unless you take the step of finalizing the DVD, you may not be able to play it on other DVD players, including your computer.
For recording on to a VCR, use the s-video output of your DVR to the VHS recirder and the VHS recoder's output ot the TV.

Best of luck.

Post Number: 3
thank you plymouth and nydas i am going to try these suggest and i will let you know if they work
thanks again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us