Help with Sony Bulb going out KDF-50E2000,

Username: Markmisky

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I have a Sony rear projection TV. I am getting the message to replace my bulb and the screen is getting darker. I have CC warranty good for a few more months. They refuse to replace the bulb until the thing goes dead and I am without a TV for weeks till they send me a replacement. They had me reset the error message to make it go away.
Does anyone know the exact symtoms that happen when the bulb dies? I'd like to wait a week then call them back and say it finally died.. I am sure they will ask questions that will tell them if the bulb is bad. Does anyone know if there is something that happens like a red light? Will I still get sounds? Will I still be able to access menus? Will there be something in the menus that will say the bulb is dead? I read the owners manual and it really does not say much. I paid $350 for this warranty and would at least like to get a new bulb before it dies. Thanks for any help.

Username: Crowell

Post Number: 10
On, the exact symptoms of a dead lamp are very simple. You turn on your tv, you get no picture, but you do get audio. After a few more try's the audio is also gone, only the front led is blinking (lamp led ).
That should do to fool those guys at Sony.
Any way, tell us how it went.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us