Coolsat 6000 HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Robbie12

Post Number: 94
Hi, I got this coolsat 6000 and would like to set it up. i have read here and there, i learned couple of things and still need some help. what i have learned is: i need to buy a R-link dongle (i have one with no AC Adapter, can i buy one anywhere), i have to connect the BOX to the PC and download a file (which file exactly) using 'coolsat pro loader v2.4' , then i have to connect the R-Link to the PC and download some other file (which file exactly) using 'r10 patch v100'.
thank you.

Username: Asteroids

Post Number: 1
Is there a dealer in the GTA that sells the R-link dongle?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18831
R-link dongle is available only via Mail order.

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2546
http://cgi.ebay.com/COOLSAT-6000-PREMILUM-DIGITAL-RECEIVER-R-LINK-R-10-/13038402 5769

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
thanks for nothing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
does anybody know if coolsat 8100 hd works with the r-link?

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2551
hey rob try doing some reading when members try to help you your reply was thanks for nothing not a way to get any1 to help you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18839
Here is some info on how to get a R-link for Coolsat in Canada.

Username: Torpainter

Post Number: 6
the source code was made public for the 4 5 and 6 only Rlink is only supporting the 5 and 6. Dont expect any support either .What would be the sense in supporting a box that cant receive hd from bev or dish?

Bronze Member
Username: Megrine

Post Number: 22
To setup coolsat:
http://www.satmods.com/coolsat-tutorials/20401-r-link-loader-how-do-coolsat-5000 -6000-a.html

Get them here:
http://www.dsste$ter.com/files.php?cat=18

Replace $ with s

Bronze Member
Username: Megrine

Post Number: 23
The AC adapter, you need this:http://cgi.ebay.com/Sima-Universal-AC-Power-Adapter-3-3V-11-0V-DC-Output-/2 50611302016?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Digital_Camera_Accessories&hash=item3a5998fe80 or something similar as long as it has 5V 1A output.
you could check local: radio shack, walmart... if you are in the US.
Take the dongle with you to make sure the tip of the adapter will fit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
hey guys, since we are at it, anybody knows if a 33'' oval dish (star choice) is enough to get the Galaxy 19 satellite at 97 west. i live in vancouver, canada. thank you.
RTAP: sorry my friend i did not see your post. deeply sorry!

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 13750
Robert

Yes you can use a Star Choice dish to get Globecast with its own LNB!

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
I finally got the R-link R10 for the coolsat 6000, but i couldn't get it to work. i have the loader, all i get is "connect your receiver and turn it on", i am connecting the receiver to my laptop with a 9 pin cable, but there is no 9 pin socket in my laptop so i am using a '9 pin to usb' converter, could that be the problem?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18896
Robert Pelligrini: You have to run a ethernet cable from your modem/router to your R-link which is connected to your reciever. Your laptop DOES NOT come into the picture.
The other alternatives, if you can't run a cable from your router to your reciever are:
1. If your router is a wireless router you can buy a wireless accep point. Some of the newer wireless routers can also act as access points. OR
2. Buy two powerline bridges. Use your house wiring as a network. Plug one powerline adpator in an electrical socket near where you modem/router is and connect it to the modem/router. Plug the other one in a power outlet near your reciever and connect it to the R-link. Your house wiring doubles as your home network and you can start your R-link.
Considering that you are using your laptop for broadband connection, you probably have a wireless router and method one might be OK.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
Nydas, i am still at square one, i am trying to load the factory bin to the box using the Pro-Loader V2.4, when i press the button "Connect" on the loader i get the following message "connect receiver and turn it on"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18899
That would most likely be from the USN to serial adaptor. Go into "Device Manager" and look for the USB to serial adpator. Set up the serail port as COM 1, 2, 3 or 4.
then set it up the same number during the loading.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
still not working, any trick i must know about?

Silver Member
Username: Harding

Post Number: 216
Are u sure u have correct cable. Somereceivers --- u might use a straight and sometimes a null cable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us