DLP samsung freezing but normal after unplug

Username: Sactownie

Post Number: 2
My tv is dlp rear projection samsung. Had it for about 5 years and never replaced the bulb yet.
I went in the service menu and it said I had like 7,000 hours on it.
Here is the problem. I will turn it on and it works ok for a few minutes then i start seeing green streaks across the screen and the picture will freeze sometimes and come back to normal then it either freeze again or what appears to shut itself down but the remote control does not respond. At this point I unplug the tv for about 45 seconds, plug it back in and it works fine until the next day I repeat this all over again.
Its done this the past month and a half and has not got any worse.The screen brightness does not seem to be any dimmer then when it was new except i do notice the screen is dim on the far left side of the screen for maybe an inch or two that I can not remember if it was always that way or not.
Oh and one more thing I dont know if this is related but the HDMI in port quit working when the set was about 2 years old, I had to hook up my xbox360 to the component in, I know its the tv cause I tried other hdmi devices they all tell me the hdmi has a weak signal when plugged in.
Can anyone confirm if this sounds like the symptoms of needing a bulb replacement or something else?

Username: Sactownie

Post Number: 3
Oh here is the model number! HL-R5067W
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us