Need NEW RECEIVE INFO

Bronze Member
Username: Jinnspeed

Post Number: 45
Hello Everyone,

I used to have Coolsa*t 4000 pro FTA because it is not working at all and there is no support for it available, i want to buy new FTA reciever. Can anyone suggest anything not expensive? Please provide suggestions, I am looking to get asian channels. Is it possible and worth enough to change the Coolsa*t 4000 pro to 5K or 6k? Will it work for Asian chanels. Which sattellitte nowadays have max asian channels.

Please provide answers to all questions. Your quick help on this issue will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16318
aaah...where ya been?....lmao...satellite tv is basically dead now due to Nagra 3 and a card swap a long time ago...only thing is working is a few receivers (Kbox, sonysat, sonicview 360's, CNX nano, etc) but thats ONLY on some ocassions..they are down more than up..and all now require using IKS and high speed interenet, which may be very unsafe...and many ppl won't risk...and ferget about converting any old coolsat 4k...

so I suggest ya READ before ya ask, and decide for yourself..but I wouldn't spend 2 cents now for a new receiver..wait and see what happens, and sub share legal DN or DTV TV in the mean time..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18815
Jinn Speed: You have had the experience of ECMs. If you are prepared to suffers 5 times as much and risk a dead recevier for considerable number of days and weeks, then only I would suggest a IKS based receiver.
For a while nfusion was king, and it is dead now. Kbox was very good for about 3-5 months off and on and is not working last 4 weeks. Sonysat was supposed to be really indestructible and it is dead for over 2 weeks.
Currently you are OK with a Limesat with a hub - about $250 or CNX nano 2 - about $180. These two may stop any day - no guarantees. Dreambox ($350) is said to be working, but you will have to inquire.
They are all using IKS, therefore you need your Boradband internet connected and on all the time.
Please remember that the risk of looking at a dead receiver is much greater with IKS than it was with N2.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I know FTA is all gone with the swap and no new fix is available. I was thinking to go with sub DN but it will also cost min of 50 per month so i thought lets see if there is any alternate solution. I think best possible situation is SUB DN. Thanks for all your help.

Bronze Member
Username: Tansarbh

Post Number: 30
What do you mean by Sub DN?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Sub DN means Subscribe DN.

Bronze Member
Username: Tansarbh

Post Number: 32
Ah ok...Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Torpainter

Post Number: 83
nydas
Where do you get your figure of 350 for a dreambox? The units are under 200

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
speed
go with cnx nano2 ,topsat or satzen They all use the same server team so the channel line -up is the same They only have dn
Limesat has dn and bev but the chances of you buying one in the next month is slim because of shortages and shipping delays

Silver Member
Username: Harding

Post Number: 205
You can't buy a Dreambox for $200. I don't think you know the price, and you haven't bought one. You only posted because you want to contradict Nydas. Many have tried this kind of thing and you also have tried it under another nick - it simply won't work.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
conservative
Go online and look for yourself
The only dreambox that has a public server is the dm 100 and it is 199

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Also I have only used one handle here or anywhere else for that matter
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums