False Nalin on post above!

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18755
http://www.canadianisp.ca/cgi-bin/ispsearch2.cgi

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 793
Nalin the link you suggest must be a joke.

For Québec city, the most popular are absent. And I am talking about the big ones. Bell, Videotron, Oricom and Mediom Internet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 794
Or.... I am using it incorrectly !

Silver Member

Post Number: 795
I have also tried it with another city (the one where my brother lives) and Cogeco and Videotron do not even appear...

The site is useless... It only lists the one that paid to be listed !!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 796
For Sept-Iles, it does not show Telus. And this is Telus territory

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18756
The Outer Limits: It was not intended as a joke. I see you are right that the big ones are absent.

Anyway, others on this forum have recommended Tec Savvy as a good one.

Silver Member
Username: Iamdrumming

Post Number: 150
Actually, it's spelled Teksavvy, and they are a very good ISP. They have lots of good reviews.

Bronze Member
Username: Multimedia

Post Number: 50
i wonder if everyone here at ecoustics name their respective isp's
what they offer - how reliable - unlimited access - etc.
i am sick and tired of my present isp. can't wait till my present contract expires.
Nalin thanks for the above url but like outer-limit said big ones are not there.
if i can't find good isp. i will be using hot-spot for now.or perhaps local library.

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_prince

Post Number: 99
Try 2wire cia.com. Cheap telephone line and high speed internet altogether for $39.99, if you just need net then i think its $29.99

Silver Member

Post Number: 797
In the greater Quebec city area, may I suggest Oricom Internet. It is a private venture that has been alive, well and living since day one of Internet. They do seem to use Bell Nexia AND Videotron backbones. The simultaneous use of Bell and Videotron seem to offer redundancy. Interesting concept.Their ping time is extremely short. Instant loading of all pages. Very impressive.

Although expensive, they are shining as an alternative to the big ones. They offer DSL and Cable Modem subscriber connections.

I used to be as well on Mediom Internet which was not too bad. Also a long time area company. They used to be a pain to access when they were right downtown Québec city but they opened a customer office in Ste-Foy where parking is free. They do seem to be using the Bell Nexia backbone as well.

If you have the money, of course, Bell is the way to go. They own the Nexia backbone in this country and they are masters at supplying bandwidth. You will never run out of bandwidth with Bell.

I am currently using Bell to get bundled prices with phone, cellular, internet and Bell TV. Yes..... Bell TV until a solution comes up !!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 13660
Bernard

I use Oricom for the low price and very good support, I get my Internet from them, they use Videotron cable, I use also Ip phone from Oricom which is not very good but I have 4 cellular phone from Bell which is the best of all here!

For TV, I use my OTA, true FTA DVD (BlueRay), then stream on my new 52" flat screen TV, I can see the great quality from 1080p on many video on the web!

Radio-canada provide a great quality picture on my OTA! Just hope that the other channels start to emitted on Digital soon!

I'm happy with it for now!

Bronze Member
Username: Multimedia

Post Number: 51
outer limit how much you pay for the package?
plymouth...last time as you said about Oricom i did check it out but they don't offer in our area.
i like to go with Bell package internet-tv-phone but we have a huge tree blocking signal during entire summer month so that put me off.
also i will only deal with the isp who 'll offer me good service (no cut off at all ) unlimited.
plz. guys-gaal name more isp's very usefull info.

Bronze Member
Username: Search

Post Number: 12
AOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us