Direct tv sub share ?

Bronze Member
Username: Gocuse3

Post Number: 64
i live in canada , have a u.s. addy, and a u.s. visa,
i dont have a Social Security Number,
when i go to sign up they ask for my SSN , if i click no they say i can be billed upto $300, how do i avoid the extra charge
thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16251
Either ya give em your SSN or pay that $300 security deposit...ain't no way around it...they want the SSN to run a credit check on ya..only other thing is to have another person be the account owner, and U pay them monthly..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18604
If you can find a dealer or an independent shop of DTV supplier/Installer you might be able to swing it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16253
The shops and dealers/installers can't do anything....DTV company wants a SSN or security deposit..they are the ones that activate and oversee the account, not the local shop or installer.....ya fukktard NN

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18610
If you are in NJ area, go to the appropriate shop there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Canada

Post Number: 4176
LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Pancho_vili

Post Number: 73
Gocuse, don't go on a wild goose chase
LK gave you the right info.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16263
Gocuse..many Canadians do the snowbird routine and own homes in the US and subscribe to DTV...DTV will usually accept your credit card info as collateral in lieu of the SSN or cash...DTV just wants something from ya in case U don't pay the bill, and take their receivers..

Silver Member
Username: Hannity

MAYBE I CAN ASK TO, ADM FOR BAN YOU

Post Number: 267
Also your Visa does not have to be US.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18619
Monday, March 22, 2010 - 06:38 pm:
LK says: "Either ya give em your SSN or pay that $300 security deposit...ain't no way around it.."

I know Candians get DTV all the time, so I say, if you can't get it directly get it from NJ where there are lots of ethnic shops. On Monday, March 22, 2010 - 06:53 pm: I said If you are in NJ area, go to the appropriate shop there.

Now belately, LK has to chirp in and say "many Canadians do the snowbird routine and own homes in the US and subscribe to DTV...DTV will usually accept your credit card info as collateral in lieu of the SSN or cash."

My question to LK is, "Why do you have to butt in in an area where Canadian helpers have a lot of expertise and experieince?". And then she makes contradictory statements.

Now get this into your psychotic head LK: A lot of Canadians are getting their DTV set up done and paying for it and enjoying TV, and you do have have the slightest clue how it is done nor how they get their subs, because you are stuck in a corner of Florida. So stop butting in with useless info.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
from what direct told me via email, if i send a money order covering the initial charge i will not be billed the $300 , then i can switch to online banking
thanks again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
direct changed their mind i cant send a money order i will be charge the $300 for having no ssn
that sucks

Bronze Member
Username: Pancho_vili

Post Number: 98
They need your SSN # to check your credit.
if they can't check your credit they need a $300.00 deposit
to cover the cost of their equipment.

Something just don't seem right here.
A) why wouldn't they expect the $300.00 deposit.

B) switch to online banking

C) i cant send a money order i will be charge the $300 for having no ssn............well if you can't send a money order with is cash
how will you pay them?

Once all this is straight, where will Direct TV send their installer to install the system.

Remedy.....Put the account in a USA friend's name that has good credit

Nalin NydaPlatinum Member

Post Number: 18610
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 06:53 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are in NJ area, go to the appropriate shop there.

LKPlatinum Member

Post Number: 16253
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 06:51 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The shops and dealers/installers can't do anything....DTV company wants a SSN or security deposit..they are the ones that activate and oversee the account, not the local shop or installer.....ya fukktard NN

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
its being sent to my friends house in the us
he doesnt want the hassle of chasing people down to pay the bill
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us