Help with adding channels on DVD recorder

Robert Gombash
Unregistered guest
I have Dish Network, a Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD recorder and a Panasonic HDTV PT-56Wx42. When I go through the setup on the recorder to add the Dish Network channels, I get fuzzy antennae channels. I've done this setup in the past and have gotten it to work. I can see that the Dish Network cable connects to the MonsterBar which connects to the Satellite In connection on the receiver, and the TV Set Out connects to the RF In on the back of the recorder. I normally take some cable and connect the RF Out on the recorder to the ANT 2 plug on the back of the TV. When I'm done, I get the Dish Network channels on the Component 2 side of the TV and I disconnect the RF Out and ANT 2 cable. I've been working on this for hours now and can't remember how I did it the last two times. Can anyone help?

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 40
You want to use RCA jacks or an s-video cable from the satellite to the recorder, this will give a much better picture and stereo audio, with a coax cable audio will be mono. Does the satellite have 2 sets of RCA jacks or only 1?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us