Need help hooking one VCR to another

Username: Kellygirl

Plymouth, IN USA

Post Number: 1
I am trying to find a way to hook one vcr to another, to record some movies a friend let me borrow. The vcrs are different brands, but I did not think that would matter. I have tried every way possible to do this, but I cannot get the VCR that I am trying to patch in to work. All I am doing is trying to hook up the video in/out to the other video in/out on the other vcr. In theory, shouldn't that work? Please help.....

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 36
You have to change the record VCR to line or auxiliary. If the movies are pre-recorded (factory tapes) you will probably not be able to copy them, there are a few VCRs that can get around the copyguard but they are rare.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
You have to change the input of the record VCR to line or auxiliary. If they are pre-recorded (factory tapes) you will probably not be able to copy them since most are copyguarded, there are a few VCRs that can get around the copyguard, but they are rare.

Unregistered guest
How do I record from one tape to another? Which VCR do I hook up to the television?

Silver Member

Post Number: 777
Connect with RCA jacks from the play VCR out to the record VCR in and set the record VCR to line. Then connect the record VCR to the TV, when you see what you want to record on the TV, you're ready to record.

Lindsey Matthews
Unregistered guest
What does it mean "set the record VCR to line." What is the line?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1166
Line is the RCA inputs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us