Help with repair on SAMSUNG hls4266wx/xaa

Username: Bkelley78

Dunnellon, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
I need help to identify the name of the last optic lens that puts the picture on the screen, I accidentally touched it during the replacing of the color wheel. I attempted to clean the lens with a lens cleaning cloth and now I know why you do not touch the lens, I cleaned off some kind of coating and now here I am writing you....lol
no one seems to know what I'm talking about.
It's the lens with the dome shape and the plastic piece that forms the shape of the image that gets reflected up inside of the unit. can I just replace the lens with a new one? all i have to do is remove the round metal clip that secures it in place, but samsung is saying I need a whole assembly...?

Username: Crypto138

Post Number: 1
The reason they said that is because the lens is not sold separately and only comes with the assembly. If, however, you had a new assembly you COULD swap the lenses but I wouldn't recommend it. The assembly is designed to be easily removed and replaced and only has a few screws holding it in place. Once you have disconnected all the wiring harnesses leading to/from it and unscrew it, it will slide right out and the new one slides right in. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us