Username: Kinsp

NJ

Post Number: 1
My Samsung DLP HLR4667WAX is 4 years old and has the following problems:
1) screen goes green
2) screen has lines thru it
3) powers off then power cycles back on - intermitent
4) flickers

I had an extended warranty w/Best Buy. I was late by 13 days tried to renew and they would NOT let me get back in because I was late - they based it on insurance purposes. Which in my view states that SAMSUNG product is known for this defect.

I will never buy another product from Best Buy - i used to spend about $2k a year from them. Their lack of customer service is clear they don't care.

Samsung products are obviously inferior and their customer service is weak at best. They want to have a technician from 150 miles away - i live 40 miles outside of NYC to help fix my problem - at who knows what cost minimum for the person to get here is $150. If you add up parts and labor - (DMB board, color wheel, lamp balast...) about the cost of a new TV.

I am planning to just junk the TV- yes fill the land fill on a TV that 4 years ago was $1,800 + 400 service contract.

BEST BUY = worst company to buy from and SAMSUNG = Inferior products.

Unless someone has a better answer...Land fill here comes the junk from SAMSUNG!

I know congress has enough to deal with but filling land fills with TVs ever 3-5 years can't be good for the environment.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us