HELP! Can't turn off progressive scan

Anonymous

I have a sanyo dvd/vcr home theater system, pressed the wrong button, turned on progressive scan now just a blue screen, can't see set up menu, how do I return to previous settings?

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 16
Hook to the TV with s-video cable or RCA jacks, since progressive scan only works on component outputs that should allow access to the menus.

Anonymous

Didn't work, I have time warner Cable box...should I by-pass?

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 42
The cable box should come before DVD VCR, if so it shouldn't make any difference. Are you sure that it is just that the progressive scan got turned on? Unit faulty maybe? Hooking with RCA jacks or s-video won't let progressive signal out, so if it is hooked up right and working that should let you access menus. I had the same problem once, that is how I got in to turn off the progressive.

Anonymous

The users manual should also tell you how to reset the unit to its factory settings... I would expect this to return the output back to 480i.

Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 10
For some players it's just to unplug it. Could be necessary to turn off properly with remote first.

Bronze Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 11
For some players it's just to unplug it. Could be necessary to turn off properly with remote first.

Anonymous

Thanks for all the help...was really simple really, All I had to do was remove DVD then hold the "STOP" button on the unit itself. (duh) Think I will leave the settings and menus alone from now on! By the way solution was sent in e-mail when I sent my problem to support@sanyotv.com
Thanks to all again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us