Bell expressvu subsharing ????

Bronze Member
Username: Gocuse3

Post Number: 62
when you sub share bell can you get all the receivers then set them up at each persons house
without plugging in a phone line and call bell to activate, is this ok to do or should you activate from one house
thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 12963
Gocuse

I don't play with Sub sharing but if I was you I will tell to Bell that you use one or two receiver which is hooked on phone line and the others can't access to a phone line.

My father use a Bell sub then does not have phone line actived because he use a cellular phone.

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 773
You don't need a telephone line to activate a Bell second receiver. You don't even need one for your main sub !!!

Matter of fact, the installer asks you if you will be watching PPV movies and if you say you have no interest, he leaves your house without installing the phone line.

This has happened twice to me with legitimate subs. Once at my home and at a friend's house.

Silver Member

Post Number: 774
Oh and both receivers were main unit's. Not second receivers.

They could not care less if you are connected to a telephone line or not.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16150
Gocuse..its the same answer I gave ya for DTV sub sharing...they can be activated from any house since its done via the satellite signal...but I recommend ya activate them all from the account owners house..

and again, same answer regarding the phone lines...not needed to be plugged in..used ONLY fer using the remote to order PPV's..

Silver Member
Username: Ei_toro_the_great

Post Number: 106
LK I have a question for you?
lets say I order 6 receivers and they are deliver
to whatever shipping address and name that
I had given them, now when I call to have the receivers
activated don't I need to call them from home phone
and do they need to activate just one or all 6?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 12968
Whiskey

My father only called from his cellular phone then the receiver was actived by signal from the satellite to his box!

They only need the Serial number of the receiver and the smart card!

Silver Member

Post Number: 775
Whiskey: They need to be billed at a single address.

I don't think they will allow you to have more than one country house though.... No one is rich enough I guess. Bell won't believe you !

Plymouth: Indeed the installer does not use the customer's phone. He uses his cellular to activate your receiver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 776
Oh and the damn idiots don't supply HDMI cables anymore with their receivers. They connect your flatscreen using disgusting composite inputs. So ugly.... You are left with going in town by yourself to buy the cable.

I had a fight with them regarding this and they told me to go to hell.

Silver Member
Username: Ei_toro_the_great

Post Number: 107
My bad, I should have said DirecTV in the USA
Thanks anyway
I was asking LK from the USA a master of all thieves
now LK don't you break bad I am only kidding.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16152
All the satellite providers now (DN, Bev,DTV, etc) are allowing ppl to subscribe without having a hard wired land line phone, since many ppl now ONLY have cell phones...so U can/must use the cell phone or whatever phone number U have on file with the company to activate it....

if yer thinking yer buds can call themselves later and activate their shared receivers, nope, that won't work, U must call FROM the # on file...

also, if ya order 6 receivers and don't activate em all at once, the company will be suspicious , why...when they activate yer account and receivers, its done all at once...so ya have to have em all "ready" for activation at the same time...thats the most logical and easiest way for everybody...but there is a way to reactivate a receiver later..

I think I know what yer thinking, that yer buds can install a dish later and they can call and activate an original receiver that U get, so go order em all now.... well U can kinda can do that if ya tell the company that ALL receivers are working fine when ya first call , and then U call later, when yer buds are ready, and tell the company that "somehow" the receiver lost the signals...they will just simply reactivate it again...and plymouth is right, they will need the card and box numbers

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16153
Also..with NEW subscribers, usually the companies will mail ya the receivers and cards, but will send out an installation guy (free) who does the usual 4 room free install..and he calls the company and tells them to activate em, once he's done and still at your house..sometimes he will use his own phone, sometimes he'll use your phone, it don't matter then...but U don;t have to activate all the receivers if ya don't want, but you're gonna get billed for em all either way..so activate em all..

whiskey..i'm not really sure what yer up to, but i know ya have something in mind...but I would need to know more details of what yer plan is, before I can give ya a better answer...unless maybe I already covered it for ya..

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 546
I just did a sub share with dtv. I used the phone number of the guy I am sharing with, they pulled up his account and activated it right in the shop.

Silver Member

Post Number: 777
Interesting Mohamad.

Maybe that is one reason Bell TV asks for you secret PIN number. Yes... we have to create a secret PIN number with them !

Silver Member

Post Number: 778
I meant:

Maybe that is one reason why Bell TV asks for your secret PIN number.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16169
yep Mohammed..DTV is very lenient about most things...and if ya don't like what a rep is saying, then call back and get another one...sub sharing is guaranteed TV at cheap prices...just never plug in yer phone line...and everything is based on the accounts legit phone number and address...some ppl want a "secret" word/code with DTV, so others can't change their programming etc, but its not required...

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18388
LK: Why are you talking about DTV this way when you were contradicting Rush in another thread? do you have the slightest clue as to what you are saying on a day to day basis or even hour to hour basis?

You are the biggest obstruction to truth in this forum.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us