LNB frequently ON/OFF

Username: Soccerlover

Post Number: 3
Hi,
I have a dish with 2 LNB : special frequency one (10.750) for 118/119 (echostar 7) position and a second regular frequency one (11.250) for 110 position (echostar 10,11).

All these are connected to Kbox Prodigy.

The problem is : when I change channels (from echostar 7 to echostar 10,11 and even being on the same LNB echostar 10,11) the signal is lost and I have to go through "MENU" then change "LNB POWER" ON/OFF/ON . And it works again !

Do you know what it can be wrong in my installation ?

Thank you for your help.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18271
What is the switch and the connections?
Length of cable from switch to receiver?
Afew more details about the setup will be useful to get at the problem.

Username: Soccerlover

Post Number: 4
Hi Nalin,
Thank you for quick reply.
I'm using a 4 connectors (4 LNB) switch. It's supposed to be a good one (with a plastic weather protector) cause paid for it 20 $.
The switch is 1 foot from LNB and receiver is 20 feet from switch.

Thanks again for your help.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18274
Is it possible that the LNB for Echo 10,11 (110W) is a 110/119 LNB? That might be one reason.
The way to find out would be to disconnect the 110 input into DisEqC.
Also if you have the special 110/119 LNB on 110, put that on Input 1 and the 118/119 on input 3 or 4. Make necessary changes in the set up inside Prodigy. Or just go and geta cheap $15 two receiver output KU LNB for the 110 Dish.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16094
First I would replace the switch...they go bad often...and always keep a spare..they are very cheap $5....also recheck them connectors on the cables...they are the 2 usual problems with most ppl...along with incorrect antenna settings in your receiver..

its odd that U are not even changing LNB's, staying on the 110, and losing LNB power by just changing the channel within the 110...the 110 LNB could be going bad too...are U using Dishpro (DP) equipment?...lots of variables here...process of elimination..and also recheck your antenna settings and SAVE them to make sure that they are the same as what U exactly have, sometimes they change by themselves, especially after a new file....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18277
Antenna settings do not "change by themselves" und IKS.
However, there is one aspect I forgot to mention.
What version do you have ?
1.81 + 2.18 - this is not compatible with DishPro, but is more than satisfactory with other LNBs. That is what I was looking into - the 110/119 combo LNBs are very often Dish Pro LNBs.
If it is a DishPro LNB, my best suggestion would be to get it out and wrap it up nice into your basement. Then buy a simple two output (for two receivers) circular LNB using freq 11250.

Username: Registered

Post Number: 3
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16098
Receiver antenna setting CAN change by themselves after uploading a new file....known fact!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16104
Numb Nuts..do U own an IKS receiver?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18289
The IKS BINs don't do that.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16107
well NN that asnwered the question...NO, U do NOT own any IKS receivers..so STFU...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18295
LK: You are living in the old times of BINs against N2.

The IKS BINs don't do that.

Now you wamosh out of the IKS posts, go and learn.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us