Help with installation of Dongle with CNX Mini

Bronze Member
Username: Desaitr

Post Number: 16
I'm trying to install dongle on my mini. I updated the latest Factory file (6.16), followed up IKS upgrade file (3.51), followed by the dongle file. These installations went smoothly, but i still continue having problems. I guess my receiver is having problems identifying the IP address and other details when I click on "Auto" and then "Apply"...it is still identifying the Dongle and I can see it there, but the registration is not getting completed.

Advice will be really appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18247
Are you conecting to the dongle from router?
What else is connected to router?
Name of router?

Username: Sisters

Cleveland Ohio

Post Number: 8
Tejas Desai Just through it in the garbage im not helping you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18251
Tejas Desai:
The last message was by a false Nalin Nyda.
He has posted in the past as Greg Raf and Ryerson, and he is absolutely crazy.
Always look at joining date because there are couple of psychos on the forum, keeping on with this kind of stupidity.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Hi Nalin,

I've been following your post for couple of years now, and I know u cant be rude to anyone and always helpful..thanks anyways for clarification.

Yes, the dongle is connected thru linksys router (G43 I guess, btut I'll confirm in a bit)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18256
On your computer's URL try this - one of the following should give you some information. do not use http:// or www.

192.168.1.1 <enter> This will work, otherwise
192.168.0.1 <enter> or
192.168.2.1 <enter>

Once you are in the router firmware, find the IP addresses of the connected devices with devices turned on. If you have just the computer and your receiver, you will see two entries - with the names of devices attacked.
Also find and make sure you have DHCP turned on for the router issuing the DHCP.
You can post those IPs here, because they are only local and occur in millions of routers wordwide. Only post any IP beginning wiht 192.

Check also on your reciever the IP addreess, making sure it is set for accepting IPs.

the IP shown should be the same as the IP sent by your router.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Thanks for the advice Nalin. When I try the URLs suggested by you, a window pops up asking me for user name and password...i tried default IDs and p/w (admin) but it just doesn't accept....i don't know what to do now? Any advice? I'm sorry but I'm not very good with such things, and I really feel frustrated sometimes...your advice will be really helpful

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6803
try admin as username.... dont put anything at password...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Thanks Sada,,,,tried that too...doesn't seem to be working!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18257
usually
username:admin
password :

username:admin
password :admin

username:
password :

The last one is blank on both fields. One of the above should work. Also try Admin (capital A)

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 522
http://www.satfix.net/

official cnx site
all the help you need

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Finally I got my IP address, and registration was successful. But I still don't see any channels on TV. In fact I was getting movie (301-344) and other channels, which I've lost after registration. Any advice?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I was just told that I'm not able to see any Indian channels bcoz all Indian channels have been moved from Echo3 to Anik F3, whereas I've Echo3 and Echo7 orientations....does this mean that I will not get any PPV or indian channels with Echo3 and Echo7?

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6807
i don't know what is echo3 is it 61.5?
cause all the channels are moved to 118.8
where have you been?........................

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Oh i didnt know that..I wasn't following the forums since last summer when all channels went offline from nagra 2...thanks for clarification.

that means i wont get any indian channels until I change the direction of dish and instal a new LNB, correct?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18269
Desai: Echo 3 is 61.5W. Many of the Indian channels have moved out of there. What is still there, your CNX dongle is not sending you - i.e. it is not part of the IKS service by CNX. Therefore the dish pointing to 61.5 is useless.

Echo 7 is 119W. That direction is OK for 118.8W where Indina channels are. However, The dish size HAS TO BE 30"-33". Also the <b.lnb> and working at freq of 10750, or 10600 or 9750-10750. These LNBs are available for about $20, and YOU MUST get one of these, if you do not have one. Buy one with two outlets for two receivers.
Scenario 1. In your case, if the current Echo 7 Dish is 20", you should turn it aroun a little to point to 110W. Leave the 61.5W as it is.
Scenario 2. If the current dish is 33" then you may need to change only the LNB. Leave it as it is and change the L:NB. Turn the 61.5 dish to face 110W.

Now you are set to receive 118/119 on one LNB with outputs for two receivers, and a second Dish/LNB for 110W . You may also be connected with 61.5 in case of Scenario 1.

Get a 4 to 1 switch if you do not have one - you most probably have one on the roof. For a second receiver you will need a second DisEqC switch.
Above all, DO NOT waste your time trying to get Indina channels if you have a 20" dish and even with a 33" Dish YOU WILL need the special LNB.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18273
Desai: If you are needing to change things around on the roof, you migh want to change the 61.5 dish point to 91W.
Whe CNX get going with BEV channels, you wil get something there, but 61.5 is now a written of location.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Thanks so much for all your advice Nalin. It appears that I'll have to play around with the direction of dishes.

Appreciate your help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us