Component video and vcr?

Username: Help_me_i_dont_get_it

Post Number: 1
Hoping some kind soul can help...

We just bought a house with a home theater system. Projector, Blue-ray DVD player, receiver for audio, surround sound. Nice! So here's the prob: we have one line, which is component video, running from the projector into the cabinet (through the wall) and plugging into the DVD player. How the heck do I hook up a VCR? The kids miss their little VHS movies. We don't watch TV, so the cable thing is no prob. We don't play video games. I'd love to be able to hook up a computer to the projector someday, though, but that's down the line after I solve this first problem.

Is there a switch that can make a VCR work with component video? Do I have to buy a DVD recorder? Will that even work? I admit I've reached the limits of my abilities here... Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 287
name and model of the projector?

hopefully there is more than one input

by the way, the signal is going from the Blu-ray to the projector

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4206
The only VCRs with component output are D-VHS, which I've seen as low as $50 in local ads. I don't know if they output over component with SD material though.

Username: Help_me_i_dont_get_it

Post Number: 2
thanks for the help...just found a d-vhs, and i think it might work. the sea of info out there is confusing--thanks for throwing a rope!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us