Convert a dss receiver to dish network receiver

Unregistered guest
I need to know how can I convert my rca drd430rg to a dish network reciver

Bronze Member
Username: Tvlonely

Post Number: 66
It probably will not happen in this lifetime.

Silver Member
Username: Hackman

Spartaburg, S.C. United States

Post Number: 107
Leslie you are correct will never happen.

somebody
Unregistered guest
no, I Know that it happened

somebody
Unregistered guest
no, I Know that it happened

wanttoknow
Unregistered guest
I know that it happent to. Does anybody knows about any other model that can be change??

Reilloc
Unregistered guest
They are based on entirely different architecture. It's like saying that you could turn a bicycle into a Porsche because they are both methods of transportation. I know that crazy things happen but this just seems really, really impossible to do. If it could be done it would/should cost more than a new receiver would so it fiscally makes no sense.

Silver Member
Username: Pawnmaster

Canada

Post Number: 130
There is ways to change the machines over, Only the ones with a JTAG port. The ammount of work involved, and the regularity with which you would need to do it (one-two times a week) as the machines will not be able to process any updates, such as weekly PPV changes, Specials, teir lists etc. etc. If you want to spend 6-8 hours a week working on your reciever instead of $150 one time on EBAY for a proper machine, thats up to you I can point you to a spot discussion on an electronics engineering discussion board that will get you started.

Reilloc
Unregistered guest
I stand corrected...my apologies. You are now my arch-nemesis,magicusertoo ;)

Silver Member
Username: Pawnmaster

Canada

Post Number: 134
Hopefully not sarchasim, but we are all just here to share our knowledge and expiriences right? there is no such thing as a stupid question!

Username: Marymty

Santa catarina, Nuevo leon Mexico

Post Number: 1
does anybody knows where GUY from dsscanada.ca went, he was of great help in hispano forum and now even the forum is gone. mary mty
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us