Tp help

Username: Mikeymikey

Post Number: 8
hey guys, i scanned channels at 119w but are defintely missing some. i found out there are 2 tp's with no signal. is the resolution to keep re-positioning the dish or is there another solution. i have re-positioned a few times but can't seem to get all the tp's working at once. thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 12815
Mickey

We need to know which is your dish and LNB and the state you live to see if you can get all TP's!

Post Number: 9
i have a 18" dish and 2 basic11250lnb's in a 119/110 bracket. i live in toronto. thanks

Post Number: 10
oh, and the tp i am talking about are 12414 and 12443.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12818
Mikey

Is it a Bxll dish made to get 82,91 or you installed a bracket yourself?

Is the dish has a skew adjustment on back on which you can slant it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
there is no name on it, but i believe it is a dish network dish and i bought the bracket separtely. it cannot be slanted. only can be moved up/down and right/left. thanks

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12819
Mikey

Those Tp's are on Left rotation then High voltage!

Be sure that your cable are good or try another port on your switch!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thanks, i will try that. also i am having trouble finding 91w. is there a certain tp to try to catch? thanks

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12820
OK

Do you have a link for this bracket or are you able to lift or raise the other LNB?

Is it a "Y" bracket?

If not you must use the 119 LNB in center then 110 on side with a lower position!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
it's not the Y bracket. just the basic twin 119/110 bracket. 119 is on the left side of the bracket and 110 on the right side.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12822
On 91W try 12370!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
switching the ports worked, i got the tp's that were missing. i will try to get 91w with that tp. if i am standing behind the dish, it is higher and to the left, correct? thanks again

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12823
Mikey

Your diseq can be broked, I suggest that you try a new or hook your receiver direct in the 91W LNB to aimed your dish!

I hope that you will not put your 91w LNB on same dish, because you will not get a strong signal!

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2514
switches are known for going bad. especially if you dont power off the stb before removing the cables. always have a back up switch just in case also weather condition can damage the switch.

hers a guide to help you good luck

DiSEqC for Dummies This might be of interest to anyone with a Receiver, a Motor, or a Switch. Discusses the differences between Diseqc 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 2.0 etc... and what each is used for, and there is even a chart to see what works with what.

Diseqc (Digital Satellite Equipment Control), pronounced "Die-Sec", is a special communication protocol for use between a satellite receiver and a device such as a multi-dish switch or a small dish Antenna rotor. Diseqc was developed by European satellite provider Eutelsat, who which now acts as the standards agency for the protocol.

Diseqc relies only upon a coaxial cable to transmit both bidirectional data/signals and power. Diseqc is commonly used to control switches and motors, and is claimed to be more flexible than 13/18 volt and 22 kHz tone or ToneBurst/MiniDiSEqC techniques. Diseqc is also compatible with the actuators used to rotate large C band dishes if used with a Diseqc positioner. Despite its name, it has been used on fully analogue or only partially digital-capable (Astra Digital Radio) satellite receivers.

A number of variations of Diseqc exist:

Diseqc 1.0, which allows switching between up to 4 satellite sources
Diseqc 1.1, which allows switching between up to 16 sources
Diseqc 1.2, which allows switching between up to 16 sources, and control of a simple horizontal-panning satellite motor
Diseqc 2.0, which adds bi-directional communications to Diseqc 1.0
Diseqc 2.1, which adds bi-directional communications to Diseqc 1.1
Diseqc 2.2, which adds bi-directional communications to Diseqc 1.2

All four variations were standardised by February 1998, prior to general use of digital satellite television. The later versions are backwards compatible with the lower revisions, but the lower revisions are, somewhat obviously, not forward compatible with the higher revision numbers. 1.x and 2.x versions are both backwards and forwards compatible.

This table shows what works and what doesn't:
(RCVR = Receiver, SW = Switch, MT = Motor)

1.0 SW 1.1 SW 1.2 MT 2.0 SW 2.1 SW 2.2 MT

1.0 RCVR yes no no yes no no
1.1 RCVR yes yes no yes yes no
1.2 RCVR yes yes yes yes yes yes
2.0 RCVR yes no no yes no no
2.1 RCVR yes yes no yes yes no
2.2 RCVR yes yes yes yes yes yes

Do note that a 1.x receiver will not be able to receive communication from a switch or motor. Usually this is not important, as the switch or motor can be controlled by the receiver without problems.

Eutelsat apparently developed the system to allow satellite users in Continental Europe to switch between the more popular SES Astra 1 block of satellites and Eutelsat's own Hot Bird system. As a result, the vast majority of European satellite receivers support Diseqc 1.0 or higher, with the notable exception of all set top boxes manufactured under the Sky Digibox name. All supporting receivers have received certification to carry a logo specifying which variation of Diseqc they support.

Also often found are the terms Diseqc 1.3 and 2.3 used by manufacturers and retailers to refer to the use of Diseqc with other protocols. For example, 1.3 usually refers to a receiver which uses USALS in conjunction with the Diseqc 1.2 protocol. Such terminology has not been authorised by Eutelsat.

How to BLOW your Diseqc Switch - Without Even Trying!

Diseqc switchs, MUST be treated with kid gloves! They are physically rugged but electrically delicate. These switches are solid state, and can be easley damaged. The most common way the switch is damaged is to make or break ANY connected dish cable connection with the receiver pluged in to power. The receiver puts power out of its LNB connection (and through the switch to the LNB), even if the receiver is turned off by the I/R remote or front power button! YOU MUST REMOVE POWER by unpluging or using the REAR power switch. I know it is a pain in the A** when you are on the roof with your satellite finder, have to peak the dish, and have to turn the power on/off to install/remove the satellite finder.

Cable shorts: Make sure that the cable after the diseqc is not shorted, as this will overload the diseqc switch.

Static: The other ways of blowing the diseqc switch is zapping it with static electricity, be carefull at the receivers end that you do not "carpet" static zap the dish cable.

Lighting; Make sure that your dish and cable grounding block is properly grounded with a #12 copper or larger gage wire to a good earth ground.

Dish Motor; The Diseqc switch MUST be between the LNB and Motor, or you will blow the switch, it will not handle the motor current for very long.

Blown switch: If you have a blown switch, it MAY be only on one port, you can test the other ports, they may still work, just reset the receivers Diseqc settings and MARK the SWITCH as to which port is bad.

Mounting: The best place to mount the switch is in a protected area of the dwelling, inside the dwelling or under the eaves. Keep in mind that you may have to change it, or ther connecting cables during bad weather.

When I started in FTA, I damaged 2 switches, and quickly learned. I am currently using 10 Diseqc switches and have not had to replace any. I am now using the standard Diseqc switches that came with my receivers, and observing the above listed cautions, have not had ANY Diseqc problems. I have also been buying and using the large Cheta Diseqc switch, It is a much better and more rugged switch.

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2515
all can read here at this link

http://www.newftaxplosion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=670

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12824
RTAP

I replaced 5 Diseq switch before I found one Heavy Duty which is able to work properly with my QPH-031 with his higher consumption compared with standard LNB.

So I never killed a switch because I unhooked the cable with the power to on, I made it many time to put my satellite tracker for aimed my dish!

Never buy a 5$ diseq switch, anyway a very good Diseq cost 20$ and more!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us