New to IKS - Please help

Username: Sanjay_patel

Post Number: 1
I was on the old fta system, planning to buy IKS or any recommended receiver. Already have two dish - 61.5 and another one with 110W and 119W. Could someone be kind to answer the following for me please:

1. Which receiver is recommended? Once I purchase it, do I need a file to load? if so, from where.
2. which direction do i need to turn my existing dish?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18080
You must understand a few things, before you buy.
Unlike the previous systems, you will be using your broadband internet connection which has to be 2 or 3 mb speed. Your new box may be a CNX nano 2 (about $220) or a Sonysat (difficult to find). It may or may not come through all the time - Chances of failure to get your program are high - about 25%. Chances of the whole system going down are also high - about 30%.
If you accept the above, from your name it seems you will need Indian programming which currently is only from sat Anik F3 at 118.8W. You WILL NEED a 33" dish (about $60) and a special circular LNB (about $20) plus any installation costs. You MUST BUY a special LNB for 118.8W.
Support is very thin both at official and at forum level.

You should look at the table I have put out,
currentbins site and they will lead you to all the currently active IKS sites.

Username: Sanjay_patel

Post Number: 2
Thanks so much Nalin, you have explained everything in very detail. Appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us