Akai PT5598HDIX - remote problems-HELP!!

Username: Wingman

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a 55" widescreen from SAMs for a good price yesterday. So far, the set is a joy and I was enjoying learing about it as I set it up and used it. I was in the process of trying to program my DVD, cable box, and VCR into the remote when it stopped operating the TV. I think I may have changed the TV code by mistake. (It was working fine before I started setting codes.) Can anyone tell me what the code is for my TV? I've looked through the instructions but can't even find a number/web site for customer support. I've had no luck finding a web site on line, either. I'm sure I made the mistake but Akai sure makes it hard to find an answer.

Username: Yomama

Post Number: 6
If you take the batteries out it may reset to the default settings....also try the code for Samsung.

Akai's website is lacking in useful/accurate info.
http://akaiusa.com/pt5598hdi.htm

Username: Wingman

Post Number: 2
I'm having some problems with the sound on my Akai PT5598HDIX TV. I followed the rather disappointing manual as closly as I could but cannot get the TV volume control to regulate the volume on the stereo I have hooked up to it. According to the manual, I should be able to do this. I also had a problem when I used an SVideo cable from my DVD player. I lost all sound. I tried every combination I could think of but nothing brought back the sound until I hooded up the old RCA cables. I did notice an increase in picture quality with the SVideo cable and would like to continue to use it; but not at the cost of the sound. Any ideas....anyone??

**I did get the remote reprogramed. Through shear dumb luck I hit the right code. Taking out the batteries didn't help but thanks for the suggestion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us