Many TV's from one Comcast Cable Box?

Username: Drtoonz

Seattle, Wa

Post Number: 1
I'd like to, for one night, hook up every TV in my house to the same exact signal so that they are all on the same channel at the same time. Can I split the signal AFTER the Comcast Cable Box and run the wires all over the house after that to feed 8 or 9 tv's? Does it matter that most are ANALOG (CRT's) and one or two are DIGITAL (Plasma)? In the past, I've just run ALL ANALOG and did not use the cable box at all and everything worked fine. Right now I'm concerned that with the new 'digital' signal, the analog TV's won't work without converters. I have not tried any configuration yet so I have no idea what will/ won't work. Thanks. DrToonz.

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 280
http://www.mjsales.net/items.asp?FamilyID=290 has 16-way splitter. Whether the video quality will be any good is anyone's guess.

As to whether your analog TVs can work.
I have Cablevision. I just pay for basic cable, and I don't use their cable box. Their video signal still has analog TV signals embedded in it such that my older DVD recorder with the analog TV tuner can still record programs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us