Problems locking-on to Bell Nimiq 1 and 2 at the same time

Bronze Member
Username: Sahr

Post Number: 53
I have Bell Express Vu 3100 receiver and a 36 cm dish. I originally had one LNB (dual slot standard LNB= 11250 MHz) pointed at 91W. This setup was working fine without any problems. Couple of days ago, a friend of mine, who was moving, gave me an old dish with a LNB. So I took out this LNB (also a dual slot standard LNB= 11250 MHz) and added it to my existing dish (there was a slot available on the dish on the right side where 82 is printed and that is where I installed the new LNB). I also got this digiwave 4X1 Diseqc Switch. Right now, I have hooked the LNB pointed to 91W on Port 1 of the switch and on Port 3, I've connected the LNB pointed to 82W .The cables from the LNBs to the Diseqc Switch are connected in right hand side slots of both of the LNBs. I reason I added this second LNB for 82 is cuz I want to watch multicultural programming from Bell.

The problem I am having is that when both LNBs are connected to the switch, the receiver only locks on to 91W or 82W, but not both. When I unhook 91W from the switch, 82W channels come without any problem. Similarly, when I hook just 91W to switch, then 91W channels appear without a hinge. But when both 91 and 82 are connected to the Diseqc Switch, I only get channels from 91W or 82W. I have tried the following till now, without any success:

1) I checked both slots (left and right) of the LNBs to make sure that are working, they are.

2) I also checked all the ports of the switch to make sure they are working, and they are. I did this by first connecting 91 to all 4 ports one by one, and checking the signal on the receiver. All channels were coming and signal strength was more than 95%. I repeated the same procedure with 82, and it also received all the channels with signal strength of 100%.

3) During the port checks in step 2, I also ran the "check switch" setting in the receiver (3100). Each time it was correctly detecting the satellites. However, when I connected both of the LNBs to the switch, and ran the "check switch" in the 3100 receiver, it only detected 91W most of the time. But at no time "check switch" detects both satellites.

4) I also tried various combinations of 91 and 82 connected to different ports of the Diseqc Switch. But that did not help either so right now I have left 91 on Port 1 and 82 on Port 3. I ran the "check switch" again but it is only detecting one satellite, and right now it is 82.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated greatly. If you have any questions, just ask. If I am using a wrong Diseqc Switch or there is some secret setting on the 3100 receiver to lock on to both satellites at the same time, please let me know. If there are any threads here which provide a solution, I can go through them if someone can paste them here. Thanks.

Regards,

Bronze Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 20
I think you need to replace diseqc with a sw44 or sw21 -

Silver Member
Username: Hardwarecrazy

Post Number: 167
Sahr - take a look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_TV

Chaff is correct - you require SW44 or an SW21 switch .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Both 82 and 91 are connected to a switch right now. It is a digiwave DGS-41A switch. Is it not the same thing as being recommended i.e. SW44 or an SW21 switch ?

The switch i am using is shown in the following link:
http://www.digiwavetechnologies.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=vie w_page&PAGE_id=17&MMN_position=38:5

Please let me know and thank you so much for your help.
ar.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
I forgot to ask one thing, this SW21 or SW44 switch, that will replace my current Diseqc Switch or will it come before/ after?

Thanks again.
ar

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18024
DisC switch is to be replaced by other switch

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Hi, I just installed the SW21 switch and now i am getting both 91 and 82.

A big thank you to all who helped me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us