Coolsat 4000 pro has freeze up on me

Username: Taxi_guy

Post Number: 1
I no longer have control of my box. Do I need to re-install some kind of file or do I have to wipe the box and re-install?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17966
Coolsat 4000 pro or Coolsat 5000?
As far as I know Coolsat 4000 works fine on strictly FTA channels.

Bronze Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 19
I'm not sure if this helps

Coolsat 4000 Quick DataBase Reset - NVRAM CLEAR

All thanks to bega for this post

The quick way to do a factory reset on any Coolsat (or Cooltec for that matter) is to turn the receiver off with the remote, then go to the receiver and hold the channel up button and press the power button, then release both. From here a diagnostic screen will pop up. Go to the far right and almost to the bottom and you will see "NVRAM CLEAR". Select that box and hit OK on the remote. Turn the receiver off again with the remote and then on again. VOILA, back to factory defaults (ALL Except for the firmware you have loaded is reset. Be sure to know your dish settings and backup your channel list if you don't want to loose it before doing this)

FYI: Also, if you EVER lose your password on a Coolsat, this is also where you can go to find it out. You will see the password box just above the NVRAM CLEAR. Select the password box and press ok and it will briefly show you the password

------------------------------------
or this

application/mswordUpload
Jtag the Coolsat.doc (4.5 k)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us