Question about hd receiver

Anonymous

ok im looking for a hd receiver,i have comcast basic right now. and i know they offer the hd package,my main concern is hooking up my dvd player and xbox.i have a 46 toshiba widescreen it is hd ready.my question is if i get a receiver will i notice a difference with the dvd's and the xbox.i just bought the monster cable for the xbox and i really didnt notice a difference.im just not sure if i get a receiver if it will chcnge things.thanks for taking the time to read this.1 more thing if you think a receiver will change could you tell me what receiver would work good for me.thanks again

Bronze Member
Username: Jbagel2

Orem, UT USA

Post Number: 18
the high def reciever will do nothing for your dvd or xbox they are only for antenna and some of them for cable as well. xbox is already HD but you need the HD pack, as for dvd players the best pic that you are going to get is going to come from the new hd dvd players made by Samsung, as for your comcast it would be better to just get an antenna and an hd receiver because comcas only has like 4 or 5 hd channels in the basic package and you get twice that at least with just and antenna and they look better ( depending on were you live depends on how many you will get ) monster cable is great but with the HD pack for Xbox you can turn on all the HD resolutions in the settings menu in you Xbox under Video.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us