Is Viewsat break N3 then use it on IKS?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 12608
Why Viewsat put this V-Link as late?

Is it possible that they breaked N3 then use it for their own receiver!

To protect the Encryption secret they can use the V-Link and keep their supremacy on other Brand!

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17846
That is a good observation. It would also obviate the need for repeated new file releases to counter ECMs.

Bronze Member
Username: Nash04

Post Number: 92
Its a good news that viewsat is back. But is it safe to use Viewsat when there is a case going on against them...Any thoughts???

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12613
Nash

They are independant of Viewsat!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
I'm sorry Plymouth. I did not get you.
Who is independant of viewsat?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12614
Nash

The V-Link team has no connection with Viewsat!

Imagine if they breaked N3 then use it for their server, they can use their receivers in other counrty then can't be caught like it happened to Nfusion.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17847
Nash: The people who are offering you v-link are totally independent of Viewsat.
It is just like a Chinese company making a spare part for your 2005 GM car.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickboxer1st

Post Number: 27
I would be very skeptical of buying this. Dish always wanted to go after the end users and you never know this could be a sting operation to get the users and use them on the court documents against viewsat.

Only time will tell :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
That's exactly what i'm worried about?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12616
kickboxer

Your point of view is good but I don't think that it was Dn which is in back of it even if we can read it on many others sites now!

Many rumors says that N3 is breaked on plastic card!

For sure I will waiting before try this V-Link to be sure that it's safe!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Waiting for the smiley face to turn green.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12617
Nash

I just take a look on their server adress then it is in USA which is no good at all!

www.vlinkfta.net Server infos
IP Server 74.208.60.165 Whois lookup for '74.208.60.165'z Inverse query (PTR lookup) for '74.208.60.165'z
Server Location United States United States, Chesterbrook (PA) - 1&1 Internet Inc. Stats Map
Reverse DNS perfora.net Whois lookup for 'perfora.net'z DNS records for 'perfora.net'z Zone transfer (AXFR) for 'perfora.net'z

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12618
The registrant is Oneandone

Here is a comment on Oneandone founded on web:

July 16, 2008
OneandOne Summary Post:

Intro:

Ok, so I've gathered a good sample of independent, unbaised web hosting reviews for OneandOne. The methodology I used to find them was simply google searching 'oneandone' or 'oneandone review,' and and all the various iterations of that, and doing searches for OneandOne on several web hosting forums that I frequent. Most of the posts came came from forums and blogs - which means the are the real opinions and experiences of real people, unlike the reviews you see at any one of those 'top web hosting' sites, which in reality are usually just slick advertising campaigns for the web hosting companies that are willing to pay enough to be put on the list of 'top hosts.'

I have copied quotes from each of the reviews below, and written one of my own, so that the process for how firehosts.net ranks websites is truely transperent. Too stay compliant with copyright laws, I have not copied entire posts, but simply a short except, and then provided a link to the original copy of each of the reviews.

Numerical ranking for OneandOne:

Total reviews: 73

Total points: 142

Average score: 1.9 / 5

* On many reviews the reviewer did not provide a numerical ranking, so I have assigned a number to their review as fairly and consistently as I could.

Review overview and summary:

An overview of the reviews reveals that most of the negative reviews were extremely negative, especially in reference to their domain services, but also with their hosting packages. Many people even accused OneandOne of theft and other ethical trangressions, and there were a number of individuals that even reported OneandOne to the Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Comission, and other similar regulative bodies. The negative reviews that weren't extreme enough to allege theft mostly focused on the horrible customer support, and painfully bad backend management.

The neutral reviews mostly said they were willing to overlook some of the negatives like the customer support since the prices were right, or that they never had to deal with customer support, etc.

The positive reviews mostly centered around a rich features package, especially for their dedicated servers and their security features.

Verdict:

Extremely Bad - the worst of the worst of the larger web hosting companies. The only companies worse than OneandOne are the fly-by-night small operators that will take your money/credit card information straight away and never give you anything back. OneandOne will actually give you web hosting, but will also give you a giant headache along with it.

It look very bad!

Bronze Member
Username: Sauib

Post Number: 15
HUH CHECK THIS OUT THE OTHER DAY I CALLED THE DISH DUDE TO INSTALL ME DISH NET HE SAW THE VIEWSAT BOX BUY ME BUY ME N TOLD THAT THEY GOT SUED BUY US IM WTF

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
VIEWSAT IS THE BEST BRAND FOR ME IN MA OPINION I AIT GETTING ANOTHER BOX I KNEW THT THIS CRAP WOULD HAPPEN TO THE OTHER BOXES LIKE N-FUSION

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12620
sauib zeb

Please do not use Cap, already your writing is hard to understand!

Tanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
k

Silver Member
Username: Addtemp

Post Number: 259
For any one who knows the law should know this simple thing that No one is allowed to conduct a sting operation but FBI or Police. if DN or any corporation conduct any such thing they are breaking the law and can be sued for million of dollars no matter if it is to cught any one or not. Misrepresentation is crime. So there you go ...

Username: Chaff

Post Number: 1
US Customs / Operation Smartcard.net - DTV

Silver Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 190

Imagine if they breaked N3 then use it for their server, they can use their receivers in other counrty then can't be caught like it happened to Nfusion.

I'm assuming that your comment about nfusion is just a rumor,,

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
C/P from Plymouth

I'm assuming that your comment about nfusion is just a rumor,

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12646
Barak

Yes it's a rumor as well that they will come back!

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
Thanks Plymouth, I hope so!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us