livestream
tikilive
ustream

Regards
avr3

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 760
Radio-Canada French Services announced TOU.TV yesterday and is now online.

High quality HD streaming at 2.5mbps. It will carry most documentaries, series and programs from Radio Canada, Télé-Québec, TFO and TV5 Monde.

If you want to watch what Internet TV should look like, give it a try. The image quality is almost what you would get on a HD stream. It is simply astounding !

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 12499
Thanks Bernard!

I will take a look and reply to give you my comments!

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12504
Bernard

Yes it's a interesting link from RC, the quality is very good, especially for French poeple!

Do you know if they have a similar site but in English?

Silver Member

Post Number: 763
No I think it is the only one so far. Sylvain Lafrance, head of SRC (Société Radio-Canada), says it is the only one so far in Canada. But CBC is likely to follow. He even invites TVA and Astral to join in. The streaming platform is opened to others to join.

Remember this is a first. SRC had to come in agreement with Canadian Authors and Publishers on that. Every viewing will give revenues to them. This is not only canned TV. It is like prime time viewing with revenues to authors.

Silver Member

Post Number: 764
Sadly, I read that it is NOT opened to other countries. So far. So if you happen to be on the beach in Fort Lauderdale, forget it. Won't work.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12513
Bernard

We can't get anymore RDI in stream here in Canada, I will be very surprised if TVA join RC, they will tried to protect their Network as usual!

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12524
Bernard

LCN is not available in stream and many others are gone!

V(TQS) provide many stream of their program.

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
Let us not worry Plymouth. Both LCN and RDI will have to offer streaming feeds otherwise the millions and millions of Web enabled iPods, iPhones and now iPads will be useless !!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us