Hitachi, Sony, Samsung, current or new models

NY613
Unregistered guest
Hitachi 50V500, Sony Gran Wega, Samsung DLP

ALright people, im finishing up my bassment over the summer, and i want to buy a brand new TV.

First Question, should i go with the 50 inch or 60 inch TV, is the picture quality gonna be as good on the 60 since they use same amount of pixels.

Secondly to be honnest im looking at all these threads, and im lost, im trying to get best advice on what TV to get, they all look great to me when i go to the store and look at them.

Should i wait for the new models to come out?

is there a site with information and pictures of the new models for each manufacture?

Anonymous

I'm in the market myself right now for a new TV. 50/60" depends on how far you'll sit from the tv.

Myself, I plan to wait until around September. Hitachi and Sony are going to release a bunch of new models around that time. At least I know Sony's releasing a bunch of LCD RPTVs. I know for a fact Hitachi has 6 in the works, which will replace the 50V500 you mentioned.

Since they seem to be Sony's rival in LCD, I'd assume they'll shoot for a Sept release too. From the stats I saw, it sounds like the new models will have a better picture, better sound, better cabinet design, 2 HDMI inputs, built in HDTV tuner WITH cablecard, which allows you to connect cable directly to the tv w/o a separate box. Sounds worth waiting for, eh?

Keeping with that, don't be surprised to see Sammy and LG release new DLP models around that time for the Xmas shopping season.

Check this out to see what's replacing the 50V500 you mentioned. And by the way, Hitachi's making a new 70" too.

NY613
Unregistered guest
Well i came to a decision its either Sony or Hitachi, i'm not a big fan of the DLP, maybe if Sony and Hitachi made DLP TV's.

I saw the Sony XBR 70inch today, its nuts, they had HD TV on it, looks awsome.

I live in canada so i hope these new models come out soon. I was thinking of getting the XBR.

Anyhow buddy you got msn? be easier to talk, exchange opinions, and knowledge, cause im trying to get as much info as possible befor making this huge purchase.

Username: Misterearl

Post Number: 3
Yes, I have MSN. It's MisterEarl77@hotmail.com.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us