Too much Yellow in picture!

Akaz
Unregistered guest
I recently purchased Toshiba 51H84C and Sony DVPNS575PS DVD player (progressive scan is on). They are connected thru Monster Component Video cables.

The problem is, when i played Dare Devil DVD (mostly to check sound), every thing in the picture was either Bright Yellow (every light source was bright yellow), or bright blue. The rest was a in various grey tones. There was no browns, greens or oranges!

What could be the problem here?

Akaz

PS> I also have regular cable hooked up (waiting to get the HD one) and colors are fine with that (even those picture looks like crap due to resolution)

Bronze Member
Username: Coold373

Pittsburgh, PA USA

Post Number: 14
It sounds like you have the colors mixed up or one of the three connectors on your component video cable is not plugged into the TV. Make sure your component video cable is connected correctly to the TV, and if it is, try a different cable.

Akaz
Unregistered guest
Turns out it was a loose cable! Thanks man!

Also any idea where i can get a service manual for my TV? I did the DVE calibration and the green is not blending properly and i dont really have an option to tweek individual colors in the menu!

Also anyway to adjust for lack of 3rd component input in the TV and lack of a 3rd Digital input on my amp? I have my XBOX and DVD player hooked up but today i get my HD cable box (SA 8000HD), and i am not sure how i can get 5.1 sound and HD video :-(

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, PA USA

Post Number: 16
You should be able to get a switch box for your component video cables.

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, PA USA

Post Number: 17
You might be able to find the codes on the internet to enter the service menu for the TV, however, they don't give you these codes for a reason. You can really mess things up if you don't set things properly. The best thing to do if you are having a convergence or ghosting problem of some type, is to call in and get your TV service. The tech that comes out will be able to adjust all of that for you.

In reference to your 5.1 sound, if you don't have enough optical or coax ports on your amp, you can also get a switchbox for that. It's sounding like you will probably need a switch box for your component video cables, and for your digital connection. You should be able to get one for each. Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us