1080p workaround ?

Username: Valianté

Post Number: 1
hey guys ,
im having trouble with my Toshiba 42LX196 tv . the tv has a resolution of 1080p . the problem is the tv appears to be made before the updated hardware to support that kind of resolution ( i may be wrong but that's what it look like ) . so im wondering if there's a way to get the tv to accept a 1080p signal from the ps3 ??
thank you (:

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 977
Greetings,

What cables are you using in trying to connect the PS3 to your TV?

Post Number: 2
it's an hdmi cable

Silver Member

Post Number: 979
What are you seeing on the TV?

If the PS3 is set up to output to HDMI then it should work.

Post Number: 3
well it does work
but only up to 1080i
the tv has a resolution of 1080p but doesnt want to accept that signal because of ( what seems like ) older hardware
and that's why im wondering if there's a way i could force the tv to accept the signal or perhaps ' hardmod ' the tv and put in a new hdmi input or something

Silver Member

Post Number: 980
I cannot access your owners manual online (something Toshiba owners should make a point of complaining about) but I am sure there is information regarding your problem in it. If the TV is indeed capable of 1080p but not via HDMI then perhaps another connection method is required.

Post Number: 4
so far i havent come across any connections that allow an input of 1080p

do they sell hdmi inputs separately ??
is it advisable to try and make the tv accept the signal ??

Silver Member

Post Number: 981
I have never heard of HDMI inputs being sold separately and I really don't see that there should be any need to "force" the TV into anything, if it is proberly connected it will give you the best pictuire it can. Is there anything in your manual that says that the HDMI inputs will not allow 1080p? If not then it seems to me that the problem here is actually the source and not the TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us