HDMI Connection

Username: Outbackj

Post Number: 1
When I connect an HDMI cable from my cable box directly to my Sony Bravia flat panel HDTV I have no sound. }

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 236
Try another cable.

Otherwise, you're going to have to contact your cable company.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 976
The cable box may have a audio output option in the setup menu.

Username: Tommytoot

Post Number: 1
I am having trouble with my PS3 when connected through HDMI to a Sony 40W5500 - there are 4 HDMI sockets on the TV and when the PS3 in connected to all four there is video, but only one will have audio. Sound on the other three cuts out.

I've emailed Sony and they can't offer any help other than to replace the TV - I've done this and the issue still remains.

Can anyone help?

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
Are you saying that if you connect the PS3 to one of the four HDMI inputs and have other video components connected on the other three and that if you select one of the other video components, then you don't get sound from that video component?

Username: Tommytoot

Post Number: 2
ieee488 - thanks for replying ...

No, sorry for the misunderstanding. With nothing else connected to the TV, the HDMI cable from the PS3 to the TV only works with audio and video in one of the four sockets. The other three (again with nothing else connected to the TV) only show video, but the sound is intermittent or lacking completely.

Hope this clears my problem

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
You might want to do a Google on 'PSP3 no sound'. I got plenty of hits. Looks like audio from PSP3 through HDMI is a problem encountered by a few people.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us