How to connect a one scart new HDTV to an older RCA dvd player through the SKy box

Username: Phoenix008

Post Number: 1
I have

1X new HDTV with one scart
1X Sky+ box
1X older DVD player with speaker system (no Scart connection, RCA cables only, though does have optical cable port)

And I am hoping the end product will also enable Sky and DVD sound to be output via the speakers.

Is there a way ....?

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 225
The HDTV only has the Scart and nothing else? I find that hard to believe.

Skybox+ to HDTV via Scart. DVD player to HDTV via composite video (yellow) + audio (red+white).

Post Number: 2
No, the Tv has lots of other connections.

But only one scart connection.

I am hoping that I can connect scart to Sky box and then connect DVD via rca to scart adaptor into the sky box.

Is this possible?

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
You really should read the owner's manual for the Skybox.
The Scart connections on the Skybox+ are outputs not inputs. You do understand what that means, don't you? You cannot connect video/audio INTO them which apparently is what you are thinking of doing with your DVD player.

Your stereo system only have one set of audio inputs?

If your stereo receiver has only one set of audio inputs, then it is time to upgrade.

Post Number: 3
no, the stereo receiver has 2 audio inputs just not a scart connection but they are via rca cable (yellow, red and white)

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
Scart has both audio and video. So, if you are using that to connect the Skybox+ to the TV, your TV speakers will be outputting the sound.
Since you want audio from your stereo, connect Skybox+ RF1 out or RF2 out to TV's RF in and connect Skybox+ audio out (red+white) to one set of audio inputs on your stereo receiver.

Next, connect the DVD player's audio out (red+white) to the second set of audio inputs on your stereo receiver and connect DVD player's composite video out (yellow) or component video out (red,green,blue) to the TV.

See how that works for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us