Why is SonySat Up and KBox Down?

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_ruthless

Bancock, Taiwai Korea

Post Number: 24
SonySat (an obscure hard to find stb /more Korean junk to dump) is up.NF and KB are the most sold and now dead cold.

I guess once they saturate the market, there is no more reason to spend money to support them, the crooks simply fold shop and run to sell a new box.

How many stbs and cards and iso programmers are out there from Dave and Charlie days collecting dust, now a few FTAs added to the list.

The hobby is quickly dying now. Providers are more aggressive and protective.

I wonder what the next anti-mousetrap will be in these cat and mouse games short of the short lived IKS and endless hardware required...that eventually collects dust.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

ModeratorCanada

Post Number: 12289
We expected other brand to goes down, but they still up, something is very strange.

why they still up?

Silver Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 224
yeah, that's strange and really a challenge for Kbox and NFusion too.

I though Viewsat , who was a real big company in all FTA boxes would come out of N3 solution, but apparently they have wrapped out of market now due to IKS and now there is just no news about them anymore.

Silver Member
Username: Xtremejohnjohnson

Post Number: 157
Sonicview used to have a horrible IKS solution and now they are rock solid. There's at least 3 iks boxes out there that are strong........but... is it just a matter of time before their CAMs are discovered

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17390
The smart ones planned for a ECM by the big providers. The over-confident ones have to sit back and plan a new stategy.

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1984
NN and Plymouth.....U 2 always hated Sonicview and Sonysat, ya change like the weather...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17391
justforhaha's: Take your words back.
I have never talked about hating any receiver.
The last recommendation I made before N3 was Sonicview to two acquainences.
I had never heard of Sonysat before, or at least I had no idea what it was.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1985
NN..yer back pedalling...AGAIN...ya have a convenient real short memory....like 10 minutes...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1986
NN..yer back pedalling...AGAIN...ya suddenly have a convenient real short memory....like 10 minutes... ....hell, ya use to pull shi*t out yer azz from 5 years ago when ya weren't even here "supposedly"...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17393
justforhaha's aka LK.

Your paranoia is sadly and badly back.
Take your pills.

Bronze Member
Username: Fuglyb1tch_

Post Number: 33
@ nalin

The smart ones planned for a ECM by the big providers. The over-confident ones have to sit back and plan a new stategy.

There was no ECM...stop saying ECM... the cards were looped plain and simple, and eventually the same will happen to all public IKS solutions.

Platinum Member

ModeratorCanada

Post Number: 12300
nobody

It look very bad now since both big one still down!

I will not recommand new brand, cause I still think that Korean play with us!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17395
"stop saying ECM... the cards were looped plain and simple"

Nobody was there when the cards were looped.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Nalin do you have any idea what you are tlaking about seriously... stop with the C/P BS for once and actually answer this...

Do you even know what ECM stands for

How would the providers have taken legally subscribed cards offline, other then by blocking the CAM ID and looping the cards? Without affecting their entire provider base

And actually answer this without any C/P BS. You always want to act so smart well put up or shut up

Gold Member

Post Number: 1988
NN is "looped".....she don't even know what "looped" is or not getting a good ATR is..or a cam id or an epprom...

she never played with ANY cards, just a simple plug n play old Pansat 2500 FTA IRD...she don't even know what an ECM is!....

Nobody....NN is like talking to a monkey with his head up his azz....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17396
Sorry, Mr. But YOU said very emphatically that the cards were looped. Obviously then you have to have been there or have to have some inside info about the whole operation.
As far as I am concerned -
NOBODY WAS THERE WHEN THE CARDS WERE LOOPED

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17397
Justforhaha's aka LK:
You are on record as having been a witness at a hearing in a FTA related case.
Are you saying that you know for certain if the cards were looped? If so, you must have been there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
so nalin you still didn't explain to me whats an ECM
and how else would the providers have blocked legally subscriebd cards.

and it has nothign to do with being there when the cards were looped, it has to do with having a VERY in depth understanding of encrytpion.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17400

Why don't YOU explain what you mean by "VERY in depth understanding of encrytpion". Yes let us see YOUR expertise in "in depth understanding of encrytpion".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
sooo why haven't you answered what i asked...still googling looking for something to copy /paste?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17401
I do not believe in conjectures and hypothesis - and I certainly do not take a theory and call it a proven fact.
Why don't YOU explain what you mean by "VERY in depth understanding of encrytpion". Yes let us see YOUR expertise in "in depth understanding of encrytpion".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
expertise on a level of hobby, or on a professional level?

on a professional level I have designed and implemented encryption systems for some of the largest financial institutions in North America

On a hobby level I have never owned a STB always ran DVB-PCI cards and spent alot of time going through the code in TS reader. While most people were whining about needing a new bin, I was actually contributing to the code goin as far back as s2emu.

So I answered your question now you answer mine

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17405
I delat with a lot of psychotics with dellusions of grandeur and feeling of bigness and being indispensable. The treatment procedure was long and the results were very disappointing often.
I don't want to start again - I am retired.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
I delat with a lot of psychotics with illusions of grandeur and feeling of bigness and being indispensable. The treatment procedure was long and the results were very disappointing often.

^^^going to have call BS on this, because anyone who has taken even a basic level psychology course knows the term is DELUSIONS of grandeur...not ILLUSIONS

Nice try though...so still waiting for you to explain ECM to me....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17406
This is interesting information about you.

January 6th, 2010
Encryption busted on NIST-certified Kingston, SanDisk and Verbatim USB flash drives
Posted by Adrian Kingsley-Hughes @ 10:04 am
A word of warning to those of you who rely on hardware-based encrypted USB flash drives. Security firm SySS has reportedly cracked the AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption used on flash drives manufactured by Kingston, SanDisk and Verbatim.

Congratualtions to you - I am sure they would not have done it without a super encryption guy like you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Actually it wouldnt have happened the company I work with have been long time advocates of NOT using hardware based encryption because the little article you posted is not actually NEWS...its been known for years in the encryption industry that you could interrupt the calls the HW is making on the ram to see what string is being sent to the drive, by doing this, you could easily write a shell script that would send the correct string regardless of what password was entered.

And disk encryption compared to traffic encryption, compared to satellite encryption are completely different ball games... I am telling you Nalin you are barking up on the wrong tree on this.I know what i am talking about my lively hood depends on knowing it.

So explain ECM??

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17407
I knew it!. You were part of the Security firm SySS!

You must be the grandson of Marian Rejewski!

My uncle taught Marian.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17408
Q.E.D.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1991
Nalin's uncle is a monkey!.......

Nobody ...I told ya yer were wasting yer time...I caught her in soooooo many lies and wronfgul posts, that I no longer bother...she been exposed so much that even a green newbie can smell her bullshi*t through their puter screens...

we all know NN is talking out her azz as usual....she has NO clue about satellite TV and cards..and how they actually work, which is NOT "theory", but a known common fact with TRUE satellite peeps and engineers....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Its absolutely hilarious how Nalin cries so much about how people bash her, and just want to attack her. But as soon as some corners her in a debate, all that happens is she starts with the insults.

BTW nalin why QED in this thread... you have demonstrated nothing other then your own ignorance,

Username: 67mustang

Post Number: 2
not to change any subject, i am trying to find out or know what is needed to burn a dvd on my pc from my directv plus memory. my pc does have a dvd-rw.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17410
"Why Q.E.D. ?" If you are that dense, ask
Applebee's - Silver Member
Username: Applebees. Post Number: 593
I am sure he will be glad to explain it all to you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
you are very quick to insult others when they question how much you really know and how much you copy paste, you still have not answered what I asked of you, even though I answered for you...are you afraid of a challenge nalin.

By the way seeing as to how I apparently know so little about encryption and you so much there is a whole thread I created just to see if you would step to the plate and show off your mad h4x0r skillz.... see here

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/612275.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17417
Yep! I saw that thread and I have already congratulated you on your double succes at decrytion in 3-4 days time. We are all looking forward to a hat trick from you to top it all up with a N3 crack.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 4251

Bronze Member

Bancock, Taiwai Korea

Post Number: 27
"There was no ECM...stop saying ECM... the cards were looped plain and simple, and eventually the same will happen to all public IKS solutions."

"How would the providers have taken legally subscribed cards offline, other then by blocking the CAM ID and looping the cards? Without affecting their entire provider base"

if you are no1b4me, allow me to do the blueprints as you consider the surgery.

Is it not possible that you can loop a card without an Electronic Counter Measure (ECM).

May I suggest they are simply blacklisting the CAM IDs faster than they can practically maintain new ones. Hence rendering an IKS solution inoperable after a very short period of time every time.

Tracking who they were subscribed to via the CAM is a further deterrent as you have illustrated in the court proceedings for those dumb enough to have allowed them to be eventually traced as the satellite signal is one way. Servers in the U.S. was also a very poor decision if they think they couldn't be tracked post 911 and the provders have powerful pals in gov't and big business.

Looping is to risk making the cards inoperable. If they did that, they should also have the ability to unloop in the event a large portion of the subscriber base is effected, which I won't argue they may have the ability to do too, as was done with the P3 before its demise .

If you are the one, you will appreciate the resolve to all cards... the blueprints if you will...and that is to Xray and enlarge the gate structure where the rest should be a piece of cake. No? This is the way, the methodology is beyond my means. Beats glitching with different frequencies as a primitive method of hit and misses to see which fires =).

Albeit the hobby is left to very technical smart coders, the even by far more knowledgeable wouldn't dare entertain the thought of participating in a fix, understandably. Not sure I would either if I made a high 6 or 7 digits to risk my career or being thrown out of a faculty. =) These are the guys the provers hire, like David and Goliath with Goliath being a matter of physics and not luck or a miracle. =)

Bronze Member
Username: _fuglyb1tch

Post Number: 32
First of all nothing personal Fuk_Yu, but ECM does not stand for Electronic Counter Measure

ECM stands for Entitlement Control Message. An ECM contains the access criteria and control words that allows a subscriber to view TV. Its the ECM that is sent encrypted to the STB, where the subscribers access is granted based upon an Entitlement Management Message or EMM.

Having said that you do realize that ECMs are changed all the time, at least once a month if not more often, so hackers cannot simply brute force the code, and have no effect on legally subscribed cards right? (Rare occasion the providers have affected their legally subscribed clients)

So ultimately as I already said ECM doesn't have anything to do with it. I am not directing any bashing to you, but similar to Nalin, you clearly don't know what ECM actually is.

What it comes down to is looping the card, which can easily be done seeing as to how its the providers hardware, and nagras code. They can easily send a kill command to the card. Chris Tarnovsky demonstrated this well over 5 years ago, this is not anything new.

You also mentioned how tracking the CAM ID would be difficult because the satellite signal is one way this is true under normal circumstances, but with IKS systems you are receiving your control words over the internet, its exceptionally easy to find the cam id on such a system

Bronze Member

Bancock, Taiwai Korea

Post Number: 28
meant to say:
It is not possible to loop a card without an Electronic Counter Measure (ECM).

Even blacklisting alone is a form of ECM by definition.

i.e. bad cam, blacklist than loop... if that's what happened. Can't see both blacklisting and looping

I think they simply took them off their subscriber base because it is faster, easier, and cheaper than setting up a full blown ECM that can also risk disruption to their subscriber base.

Easier to simply blacklist where IKS people couldn't get enough new CAM IDs/cards let alone fast enough...

I look at it this way too:
Invalid CAM /effects one card = ECM (benign)
looping cards effects all cards= ECM (possible disaster, so why)

Bronze Member
Username: _fuglyb1tch

Post Number: 33
first of all read earlier post concerning ECM and the incorrect use of the term.

Secondly you don;t seem to understand that cards can be killed directly by the provider...they have the abillity to knock out one specific card, or an entire group of cards, without affecting their subscriber base at all.

If you need proof of this look no further then when DirecTV did the final trump move back in the day, you have to understand this is the PROVIDERS HARDWARE....THE PROVIDERS CODE.... no one has a better understanding of it then them.

Had you been into coding when DirecTV pulled the final move, you would have seen the first 8 bytes of all hacked cards were rewritten to read "GAME OVER". This should give you an idea of what they can, and can;t do with their OWN hardware.

Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 150
( for the newbies.....)

Yes, ECM actually stands for Entitlement Control Message,
not electronic counter measure.

MECM: Modified Entitlement Control Message
It basically means that the signal is encrypted with additional coding
to further 'mis-inform' the system.
Bottom line.... no audio/no video

"ECM" : Electronic counter measure is a made up term for this hobby
and has no real relevance other than to explain in layman's terms
what's going on......no audio/no video

Bronze Member

Bancock, Taiwai Korea

Post Number: 30
"ECM stands for Entitlement Control Message."

I was unaware of those terms until now.

Thanks for the enlightenment and input.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17427
nobody says ECM means Enegetically Crying Member.

Silver Member
Username: 360guy

Ottawa, Ont Canada

Post Number: 125
thank you Cheap Trick

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
fuk_yu said
"ECM stands for Entitlement Control Message."

I was unaware of those terms until now.

Thanks for the enlightenment and input.

No problem its always a pleasure to share what I have learned over the years with someone who is willing to learn

Bronze Member
Username: Nobodys_sister

Post Number: 34
Your so smart sis

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17435
nobody_: What conceit. You never posted the exlanation. Cheap Trick did.

Cheap trick - Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick, Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 05:27 pm:

"( for the newbies.....)

Yes, ECM actually stands for Entitlement Control Message,
not electronic counter measure."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Wow further proof Nalin can;t read... read 3 posts above cheap_tricks....that might be why cheap trick was saying yes ECM actually stands for...he was confirming what i already posted.

oh and no need to get butt hurt that you couldn't give any explanation...

Platinum Member

ModeratorCanada

Post Number: 12304
ECM can mean:

* Every Child Matters, a UK government initiative for children
* Electret microphone, a type of condenser microphone
* Engine Control Module, Car parts related
* Entitlement Control Message, a message carrying conditional access information in a digital broadcast conditional access system
* Error correction mode, a fax protocol
* ECM verb or "Exceptional case marking verb", a linguistic term

Organizations:

* Every Child Ministries, a Christian charity for African children
* European Common Market, the common market of the European Community
* European Congress of Mathematics

Science and mathematics:

* Extracellular matrix, any material part of a tissue that is not part of a cell
* Electrochemical machining, a method of working hard materials
* Electron Cloud Model, an atomic model
* Electronically commutated motor, an electric motor which uses electronic switching to drive the motor rotation
* Electronic countermeasures, a part of electronic warfare
* Electronic control module, a unit to control electrical systems
* Elliptic curve method, an algorithm for integer factorization
* Error correction model

Business:

* Electronic Contract Manufacturing, a term related to the outsourcing of electronic assembly
* Engineering change management, process to control changes in product design
* Enterprise content management, a strategy in the information technology industry
* Equity capital markets, a financial term
* Error Correction Mechanism, a type of econometric model, closely linked with the concept of cointegration
* Explora Capital Management, an investment company

Software:

* Enterprise content management, the capture, management and communication of processes within an organization
* Error Code Modeler, OpenSource software for processing CD images, made by Neil Corlett.

Music:

* ECM (record label), Edition of Contemporary Music, a record label
* Ensemble contemporain de Montréal, Canadian Contemporary Music Ensemble

Medicine

* Erythema chronicum migrans a skin rash associated with Lyme disease

"Entitlement Control Message, a message carrying conditional access information in a digital broadcast conditional access system"" is the good one!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17443
BRAVO, PLYMOUTH

Gold Member

Post Number: 2001
ECM has ONLY has 1 meaning in a satellite TV board...and "nobody" nailed it!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17447
Plymouth got 29 good explanations

Platinum Member

ModeratorCanada

Post Number: 12306
LK

Nany times you listed ECM as Electronic countermeasure!

Look in your old posts!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2002
Thats true, I did, and so did LK...cause its it simple to understand for you and the newbies to understand it as a "COUNTER" Measure against piracy, and I didn't want to confuse ya all any more..or give U all the true "technical" meaning in detail like ""nobody" took the time to do, which most ppl like you really wouldn't understand...so I felt sometimes "simple" is best...

BTW...I am NOT LK..I am justforhahas ...can't U see ny nick here on the left?...does that say "LK"....NOT!...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17454
Attention Newbies:

I don't want to confuse you any more.

LK and Justforhaha's and chumley are the same person..period.

Silver Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 226
I like Plymouth reasons :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2004
as nobody clearly stated....a VERY simple definition that applies here to satellite TV signals, if peeps took a lil time to READ and understand satellite TV lingo and abreviations such as STB and EMM, and the process of sending and receiving signals...hell most here are still wondering what "encrypted" means..lol

ECM stands for Entitlement Control Message. An ECM contains the access criteria and control words that allows a subscriber to view TV. Its the ECM that is sent encrypted to the STB, where the subscribers access is granted based upon an Entitlement Management Message or EMM.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17460
Attention Newbies:

I don't want to confuse you any more.

LK and Justforhaha's and chumley
are the same person..period.

Username: James_millard

Post Number: 2
I sure hope justforhaha's (LK) is now posting as "nobody",

Cause if he isn't, he sure is now a pitiful leftover
of what he used to be...

The way he almost has an 0rgasm every time "nobody" posts
is just too damn sickening to watch...

every time "nobody" posts, LK throws his panties at him,
like a teenage lolita cheerleader in heat...

just too damn sickening...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
@ the voice...

I am nobody... lol (I am spartacus)
I have no idea who this LK person, or anyone else on this forum for that matter, when I first started posting I got like 3 of my accounts banned because EVERYBODY hated me.

I am just having fun like everyone else...except Nalin who takes the interwebz waaaay to seriously, and don;t have any alliances with anyone.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2010
I just like seeing someone posting some actual real true info fer a change...instead of NN and the special ed group....

BTW.."voice" ya got a lot of shi*t fer brains, posting using LK's original nick here...cause you couldn't hold LK's jock pal..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us