Computer problem

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6613
ok i had problem with laptop screen, i changed the laptop screen,
now what is happening that when i plug in my battery charger , my screen shows poor quality ( screen brightness disappears) once i take out battery charger , screen shows good quality ( brightness improves)..
i changed the power plan still no luck?
how to solve this problem..?

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_prince

Post Number: 79
I wish i could help u . However, try update or reset your bios settings this might help

Gold Member

Post Number: 6614
DJ how to update/reset bios setting?

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_prince

Post Number: 80
u need to find brand of your motherboard and go to their website download the latest BIOS and flash it

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3484
what kind of laptp are you running ?

here are a couple websites to read and follow the instructions. I hope this helps

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

1200-3.html,http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/bios-a-z,1200-3.html

laptop battery tutorial] how to change low battery shut down

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to change the battery levels your computer sleeps, shuts down or hibernates it was pretty easy to find in xp, a bit convoluted in vista, needs a tutorial and here it is;

I like my computer to stay active right up to almost battery fail, to me that's about 2 percent, pick your own level a bit lower then default to extend your usable battery life

Click your battery icon in your task bar and hit "more power options", if the icon isn't available launch power options form control panel

Panel on the right go to "change when the computer sleeps, in the applet that opens hit "change advanced power settings"

scroll down to the very bottom and you'll see "battery"

click the plus sign on "critical battery action" I personally would go to hibernate, you might want to shut down but I don't recommend that if you want to continue where you left off

I also wouldn't choose "sleep" unless your percentages were higher then my 2 percent

in the pull down after "plugged in" obviously "do nothing" unless you suspect a short of some sort (which I have never seen)

there's a plus for your "low battery level" as well, I would change that from the default of 25 percent to something less, mine reads 10 percent but if your battery is weak you want to make that a bit higher so you have time to finish your work

then go to the "critical battery" pull down and that's the big change, as I said my battery is stable and healthy so I lowered that to 2 percent, when my battery begins to age I'll raise that to around 5 percent till I get a new battery

on "low battery notification" you should probably leave this on though it's annoying and you will get a critical battery warning so the "low battery warning" for me is redundant

"low battery action" I would hit the scroll down and "do nothing", have all your action at the critical battery level

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3485
http://www.ehow.com/video_4984398_change-laptop-battery.html?optype=video

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3191
Doreen

very good post

Username: _fuglyb1tch

Post Number: 3
just out curiosity is this a dell laptop?

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3486
thanks African ...Happy New Year to you nice to see you again

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3192
and a very happy new year to you and your loved ones

Gold Member

Post Number: 6620
yes its a dell laptop,
thanks doreen i will see if those suggestion helps.....

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3487
you're welcome sada

Bronze Member
Username: Lk__lives

Post100million

Post Number: 36
Doreen Is our resident computer pro

Username: _fuglyb1tch

Post Number: 7
Reason why I asked if its a dell is because almost all dells have a setting in the bios for video profile go in and see what its set to. I had an old D600 a few years back did te same damn thing I found the setting under power management in the bios said brighteness (battery and (AC) all I had to do was adjust it there and everthing was fine after

Username: Plimouth

ModeratorQuebec

Post Number: 5
Holy FOK, This is gotta be the first thread ever that Nalin hasn't contaminated!

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17288
When it is shipped, the the LCD setting is set to level 3 when on battery power. Go into the BIOS i.e. F12 at bootup, and get into the setup. Change the LCD setting when on battery power to the maximum level of brightness, i.e. the same as when it is plugged in, and it will probably work fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6627
yep i reset bios setting and now its working fine,
thx every one...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us