Optical Block Failure

Username: Susanne1234

Post Number: 1
I am just another dissatified customer of the SONY 50 LCD Grand Wega TV. Spent the day with SONY customer service not once, but four times to no avail. What a bunch of crap!!! Spent the other half of the day with the SONY TV repair guy, paid him his $75 to tell me what I already knew. This is totally unacceptable business. If I treated my customers like SONY treated me, I would be on the unemployment line. I hope once this class action law suit is settled all of the customer service reps and more are out of their jobs!!! We all work hard for our money. Are you kidding me, $3,000 dollars paid for my TV less than five year ago and that's it! We're sorry, there is nothing we will do for you!!! Oh, yea, I got the "we will give you a newer style SONY TV for a discounted rate" deal too. I would not buy an alarm clock from this company let alone another high priced electronic. They are a bunch of crackheads!!! I will be placing my unwatchable TV in my frontyard with a hugh lemon painted on it and a sign that reads "SONY SELLS DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS" "DO NOT PURCHASE SONY PRODUCTS". I am also making a video for YouTube.

Thanks for hearing my complaint

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 747
I ave also had a $2000 nightmare with a Sony 34XBR960 that Sony would not help on even though it was still under warrantee. Sony is over priced crap, they don't make them like they use to. Don't buy Sony.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4191
My XBR970 lasted about 4 months before having problems. At least after 2 different repair shops trashed it even worse they bought me out for the purchase price.

I knew better than to buy Sony. Most of what they sell has reliability issues. The PQ was just so good, until a couple of months after buying the TV when all those CRT flaws started driving me crazy. I'm definitely glad they bought me out and I went plasma.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us