Has anybody set-up 2+ HDTVs using an HDMI Splitter

Username: Deadwood777

Post Number: 1
Has anyone figured out (or done this) how to connect 2+ HDTVs with one HD service contract and be able to change to different HD channels on all TVs just like before with the "old digital cable and coax splitter"?

I have HD service (HD-DVR set-top box) with Comcast and everything is great. However, I want to purchase another HDTV for the bedroom and be able to watch and change to different HD channels (i.e.: ESPN-HD on one and FOX-HD on the other) on both TVs at the same time just like I did before with my "old digital cable and coax splitter". I do not want to pay additional Comcast fees but I do understand that I may have to purchase some sort of splitter/repeater device.

I have read about HDMI splitters, switching and repeating and it appears that I need a splitter. The HD cable signal will be the only HDMI input.
Someone mentioned that if the set-top box has two tuners ports, then I could watch and control both HDTVs; however, I would need two remote controls (and of course a long HDMI cable for the other TV).

Here are the specifications for my Comcast HD-DVR set-top box: Brand: Cisco 'Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.'; Model: RNG200; Features: Multi-Stream CableCARD, Dual-tuner.

I have three questions:
1). What do I need to do/purchase to get HD running on a new HDTV for the bedroom?
2). Is there an HDMI splitter available that I could attach to the back of the HD-DVR set-top that would allow me to connect multiple HDTVs and be able to watch and change to different HD channels on both TVs just like I did before with my "old digital cable and coax splitter"?
3). Does HDMI splitting/switching/repeating lose/freeze the signal/channel on the TV when I 'switch' to the other TV?

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us