DirectTV HD-DVR to external HD which will remain connected and play movies on demand?

Username: Kellygrrl

Post Number: 1
Howdy peeps!

So I've scanned the threads for a solution to this issue and a lot of the discussions are a few years old and I couldn't really find this particular situation. Here's the thing: I want to save some movies from the DirectTV HD DVR like others do, however I don't have any interest in playing them back on my computer OR burning external DVDS of them. Don't need all the DVD's lying around! I just want to burn them to an external drive and play them from that drive through the TV when I want to.

Alternatively, is there a way to increase the memory capacity of the new DirecTV DVR's to hold more data? I've got two and the damn things just fill up too fast. I mean, how am I supposed to record all three Godfathers for posterity AND all the Star Wars AND all the LOTR's AND Aliens 1, 2, & 3, without having to delete something everytime I want to record the new season of Dexter or Monster Garage or BBQ Pitmasters, I ask you?!?!

Hehe. But seriously. This is my dilemma. If I can crack the sucker open and add some more memory that's fine too.

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 213
http://www.satelliteguys.us/index.php

forums.directv.com

www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message