How does sub sharing work..

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6535
can some one shed some light on this topic?
can it go down?
is it up in these days?

Silver Member
Username: Guanajuatos_best

Post Number: 296
Dont know much...
But here it goes

Your buddie has a legal subscription, you ask him for a receiver, tell him to share the bill.

Take the receiver and plug it in your house.

---NEVER PLUG INTO PHONE LINE--

Gold Member

Post Number: 6536
so malakh thanks for response,

so for example my buddy has legal subscription for a rec, dish for example are their any certain rec that works.. i mean which dn rec works?

so how is box going to update codes,
etc,
does one person has to enter same codes as ( the other person who has sub)..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6537
no comments from other member no one knows?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 12078
Sada

Mal'akh talk for some sub on same account!
Each sub use a Smart card to make that it work.

I think that you talk about sub sharing with keys send on your own server!

Right?

Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 146
I don't sub share, but this is what I've heard :

a.- (For Dishnet) It has been working uninterruptedly for several years now
b.- one individual has to properly subscribe to create an account.
Depending on which channel packages and type of receivers are contracted, is the amount of the bill that will be shared by the individual and "his buddies".
c.-Only the receivers (of that individual) in his house have to be connected to his registered phone line.
The other ("his buddies'") receivers must NOT be connected to a phone line.
d.- A maximum of 8 receivers per client used to be permitted, but now...
(C&P) You can have up to 6 receivers on one account. Each additional receiver on the account will add a $4.99/month addition outlet fee. Your first two receivers are FREE. If you need a third receiver, you must pay $49.99 for the extra receiver. If you need two additional receivers (four total receivers), the total you must pay is $99.98 for BOTH additional receivers. Your fifth and sixth receivers will cost $99 each.
e.- once the individual has all the receivers working (in the registered address), then he can send the receivers to his buddies to any other location where Dish's signal is received. (Dishnet considers this as an infraction).
All the receivers will update automatically via the satellite signal itself.
Again, Those other receivers MUST NOT be connected to a phone line.
f.- It is very important that the individual and his buddies are a closed-knit group since payments will be divided monthly and much trust and discretion will be required when ordering PPVs and Special Events.
(Since this can be done either by the registered phone line or by his buddies, via internet).
g.- For information on Packages and Receivers go to Dish Network's Site.

Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 147
or are you talking about sub card sharing ?
(as is done with Dreambox)

Edit. (What Plymouth asked.)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6538
thx cheap trick that was big help
plymouth thx i am not talking about dream box ie card sharing but sub sharing .

wow this is great ..
so i know i can get up to 5 people from ecoustics right here.. lol
people trust sada lol

Silver Member
Username: White_girl

Post Number: 146
sada, talk to Tiger Woods
he is now Sub Sharing with his wife
she is watching Tv in one bedroom
Tiger woods is watching in another

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17164
This is further elaboration on what Cheap Trick has said.earlier.
1. If you do sub sharing as described by Cheap trick, you are still likely to incur DN's wrath. He has described the exact areas which may cause grief to you.
2. If your sub-sharing extends to Canada, you will incur the wrath of the A.G. of Canada with undesirable consequences for you.
3. In fact, the A.G. (Attorney General) of Canada does not even allow you to pay fully for a DN subscription. The logic of it defies rational comprehension. It goes omething like this.
Bell and certain other companies have the sacred rights to broadcast on the air waves of Canada, and thou can only use those signals by paying appropriate homage to them on a regular monthly basis.
AG of Canada and Bell and others have no objections to the Americans and others invading Canadian air space with their signals, but the residents of Canada and even the American residents of Canada are not allowed to decipher those signals, whether or not you are paying for them, i.e. your payment to DN is illegal for you but there is nothing illegal about DN accepting the payment - DN cannot be taken to court for accepting the payment from you.

Bronze Member
Username: Sfh99

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 43
there is a guy in Miami who is selling DN subs in canada. He is charging about 250 dollar per receiver or $15.00 per month lease. I think its a ripoff.
http://www.dishnetwork-canada
com/

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17168
And you will still have to pay for the Dish Network package(s) you choose.

Bronze Member
Username: Sfh99

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 44
yes nalin. the price is just for the receiver , furthermore, he is asking around 200 for dn dish and lnb (you have to install yourself). and after that, you have to pay monthly subs for package you choose.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6539
"Bell and certain other companies have the sacred rights to broadcast on the air waves of Canada, and thou can only use those signals by paying appropriate homage to them on a regular monthly basis."

so Nalin how do they can know if some one use the rec in different household, is there any way that can figure it out?
i mean ur rec is not plugged in to any phone line,
u are not using iks..
ain't it safest method?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17170
These is a guy who left USA about 3 years ago, came to live and Canada with his three receivers and Dishes and LNBs etc.
To the best of my knowledge, he has three receivers working in Canada for the past three years at three different addreses.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6541
so what about bell...
now they have few channels, i mean i know dn have lots of channels but still if u have some tv stations that u can't live , so if they are 4 guys and they pay $ 20 each month and get some channels that never go down, ain't it worth it..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17172
If you are in Canada, and do sub sharing on BEV channels or on Star Choice channels, it is legal - I think. Somebody else might be more knowledgeable about this.
If you get BEV signals in USA and can use them in USA, they are very tolerant there about it.
In general, financilly, sub-sharing is economical, but you have to consider the legality of it and take appropriate precautions in the grey areas.
At present, I find it most appropriate for Canadians to have a subscription to Bell and subscribe to the needed channels, and the same applies to residents of USA in the use of Dish Network. Then use permitted sharing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6543
cool... thx for info nalin...

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3402
sub-sharing = one or more persons pays for the cards from dish network or DTV or BEV.... IE: family package or people that you know and trust to pay their share of the package deal. you can do this with "sharing" an internet package too... same thing.

If say Nalin had a full page deal and wanted to "share" it with others all he needs to do is contact bell or dishnet etc... tell them the names and so on of the person or people he wants to share the cost with. Each pays a certon amount. Sub-sharing= share the cost.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3403
LKGold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7141
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 07:46 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its very simple...just need a dish aligned correctlu with circular LNB and a subscribed receiver and married activated card, and NO phone lines plugged in..

hardest thing for any Canadian is finding someone in US or a legal US address they can use..there are MANY threads here in Archives explaining every detail of DTV sub sharing...use the search feature here..don't feel like explaining all the details again...order all PPV's ONLINE and ALL receivers on the account will also get the PPV's also to watch!

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1955
Sub scription sharing (card)...NOT IKS!

real simple..yer bud gives/mails ya 1 (or more) of his receivers and married card inside the receiver, that have been activated already by the provider (DN,Bev, DTV) and ya hook it up to yer own correctly aligned dish and watch TV..and share the monthly bill..(extra receiver after the first is only $5 per month from the provider)..and just NEVER plug in the phone line to the receiver...

All receivers and their cards get updates via from satellite signals when receiver is powered on...the phone plug is used ONLY for PPV to bill ya for any movie ya rent, so keep it unplugged always...order PPV's ONLINE from the provider and watch em on ALL the receivers assigned the the subscription, no matter where they are located...U will have to pay for the PPV's, but with no phone plugged in, they can't tell that ya have receivers at various phone numbers and locations....

With sub sharing, ya have TV 100% of the time (weather permitting) , with no worries or possible way to track back to ya (if ya keep the phoneline to receiver unplugged always)...and DTV is very lenient with the amount of receivers U can have...I know of many, first hand, that have 12-18 receivers on their accounts, and make changes monthly to that....many ppl have HUGE houses and multiple TV's in em....lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1956
BTW...DTV (Directv) subs offer much more than DN subs..know someone real close who had/have em both...DTV is much better pricing and more channels than DN...no comparison..also DTV will bend over backwards to get ya as a customer, and keep ya..and allow more receivers etc...DN reps can be a real pain in the azz...

Remeber DN and DTV are American legal subscriptions and NOT offered to Canadian addresses..and Bev is ONLY for Canadian addresses..and NO PO Boxes are accepted....BUT, all of them will work just about anyplace in North America, except for places way out of the footprint, like Bev in Mexico...

Username: Pops29

Post Number: 9
Hi Guys, I am outside US, how I can do this? I know some guys that get a US Address I dont know how due to you can put a PO BOX, also how you get all the receivers and cards if they will install the first time.

Tks

Gold Member

Post Number: 6551
jorge u can use bell / telus rec,
thx u guys ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1957
U cannot use a PO BOX as an address in the US for DN or DTV...most ppl use a friends or relatives, and join up with them....and they get the actual real installation in the US, and then send their receivers to buds/family in Mexico , US, or Canada....

and hell no, its NOT legal to do this in any country..with any provider!...but who cares since we're here talking about FTA satellites and borrowing their signals..

and BEWARE of ppl and sites offering to share a sub, cause most are scams, and ya leave yerself wide open for legal actoin if they get busted...which happens often...but U are always safe if ya share with somebody ya really know and trust..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us